The Student Room Group

When do Universities/Schools/Colleges find out results?

With results day on Thursday I was just wondering when the universities themselves receive our A Level results? And when do schools/colleges receive them?

Was just wondering as I've heard rumours that some unis actually send out congratulatory (or otherwise) emails before the day itself.
Universities already have them :smile: They have been known to send congrats in the early hours of the Thursday morning but never heard or any earlier than that. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by chumps52
With results day on Thursday I was just wondering when the universities themselves receive our A Level results? And when do schools/colleges receive them?

Was just wondering as I've heard rumours that some unis actually send out congratulatory (or otherwise) emails before the day itself.

Uni's get them like the week before to give themselves time to sort accommodation etc. Schools/college find out the same day as you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by acontium
Universities already have them :smile: They have been known to send congrats in the early hours of the Thursday morning but never heard or any earlier than that. Good luck :smile:

Original post by thad33
Uni's get them like the week before to give themselves time to sort accommodation etc. Schools/college find out the same day as you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok thank you. I thought that schools etc. would get them the day before but I guess that was wrong.
The information about unis makes sense though.
Reply 4

From what I know, I'm pretty sure schools get our results a day before we do, on 'restricted release day' (i.e. tomorrow).
Reply 5

Schools receive them under embargo the day before Results Day. Only key/senior staff have access to them.

Universities already received them at the weekend, but again, under embargo and should not contact applicants early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending