The Student Room Group

I want to go to uni but my college is awful

My college is so bad and I don't think I'll be able to get the grades I need (AAA) to get into uni. We went over a month without a chemistry teacher, and when we finally got one he was awful. We eventually got our normal teacher back, but now, he is leaving again and we have the supply back. My bio teacher is also really bad (we have had 3 different ones over the last 2 years and also went a while without one). I have autism and ADHD so teaching myself the course has been really hard. I have always really really wanted to go to university, but I'm scared I might not be able to now. Staying in 6th form another year is out of the question, I've been here for 3 years and I've always been bullied in every school I've been to, including this one. I am just at a loss for what I can even do at this point, because the college just makes all these promises and never follows through. Is there any way I could tell the universities my situation and they could be more lenient? I've asked so many people this question and they've all basically said no. Any advice is much appreciated<3
You can tell your Firm and Insurance Unis about this as 'mitigating circumstances' which they may consider if you just miss your grades in August. You will either need to complete that Uni's own form for this purpose or most Unis will accept a letter from your school attached to an email. Just make sure you do this soon as most Unis have a cut-off date for such notifications.
I understand this may not be possible but I’ve had similar issues, and my school bought up learn for us (very expensive) but if you could, possibly find it yourself. It’s not a miracle worker but it is a full proof way to learn the course yourself and as someone who’s neurodivergent i find it works quite well for me :smile:)
Would you consider doing a foundation year?
If so maybe you could contact the uni's explain the situation and ask what the process it to doing a foundation as some you have to apply originally from UCAS and others let you do it from results day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending