The Student Room Group

Not Sure.....

If the university you're applying for is in your local area, is it wise to apply for accommodation to experience life in university or to study at home?

What would you do?
How near is it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's a uni that's a 15 mins drive away from me, I'm not gonna bother applying for the accommodation because it will save me a lot more money being at home
Original post by ActuallyIDo
If the university you're applying for is in your local area, is it wise to apply for accommodation to experience life in university or to study at home?

What would you do?

I'd say it depends on whether you have the financial means to do so and whether you would be eligible for accommodation. Paying for accommodation might be an unnecessary expense given that you could just save and stay at home, but I understand it may be compelling to be able to live away from home and gain a sense of freedom and independence. I would apply for accommodation if I were in your position but you may need to consider whether it's worth spending money on - and it would be a waste if you're exceptionally close (under an hour away, maybe). :smile:
Original post by ActuallyIDo

What would you do?

depend s how local local is most people on here will tell you over 30 mins yes it is you don't really want to spend over an hour each day travelling if your a student because it's lost study time which you'll need.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending