The Student Room Group

How to get an 8 in English lit?? FOR THOSE pupils who are doing WJEC

After my first year 11 mocks, I was predicted a 6. So from that point, I started to work smarter-not harder. I made flashcards for certain poems that may possibly come in the real exam . I kept on top of my work by using my school knowledge organisers,physics and maths tutor, Stacey reay, Mr everything english and Mr Bruff. From using this continuously, I managed to get a 7 in the 2nd mock. I made essay plans in January about A Christmas carol.Furthermore, I used my school book and my teacher notes. Make sure you pay attention in your English class and contribute. Ask your teacher for help and attend top set intervention classes. Make sure you revise your content and what you have learned at school. Look at your previous mock papers because the real exams will have similar questions. Then you can test yourself or ask your friends to test you. Discuss about complex novels that you have learnt at school with your friends and parents.When you analyse An Inspector calls, please be original and perceptive and watch Mr Salles video to improve your contextual knowledge. Then read your teacher's essay plans. Use the formula PEAL.
P- give a simple point and make sure you add context
E- back up your points with short quotes( make sure you remember them)
A- Identify the language technique, semantic field, imagery, structure,form, tone and how it effects the reader, audience
L-Author or Poet's purpose and how this will benefit the society
For Macbeth, you need to make posters about the quotes for each theme e.g- Theme of Guilt, reality vs appearances
Watch Mr Everything English and make flashcards about certain quotes. Make sure you understand what you are learning. Use CGP books to improve the way you write. Answer the questions in the CGP Book and look at student exemplar answers.
From doing this, I aced my gcse English lit and got an 8.
(edited 8 months ago)
ohh thank you sooo much!!! this really helps a lot..
Reply 2
Original post by Supipi Rajapakse
ohh thank you sooo much!!! this really helps a lot!!

Thank you for your lovely message. I hope my tips benefit your future.
Original post by Asneet20
Thank you for your lovely message. I hope my tips benefit your future.

Of course they worth a lot!!
<333
Reply 4
<333

Make sure you revise the context which the teacher gives you. (: Also, explain why you have made your point about the character so that you get extra marks. Your essay has to be in a chronological order.
Reply 5
<333

Thank youuuuu !!!
Original post by Asneet20
Make sure you revise the context which the teacher gives you. (: Also, explain why you have made your point about the character so that you get extra marks. Your essay has to be in a chronological order.

YES I surely will..Thanxx

Quick Reply

Latest