The Student Room Group

LNAT feeling vs results

i've just sat my LNAT and i feel like i completely failed :frown: i was averaging 28-33 in practice but i just panicked and found the real thing so much harder. those who sat the LNAT last year how did you feel it went vs your actual results ? i also think my essay was pretty weak and poorly written, applying to oxford so that isn't great
Reply 1
I GET YOU!!!

I took my LNAT on saturday and really struggled, I'm sure we both did better than we think though xxx
Reply 2
Original post by elxiar
i've just sat my LNAT and i feel like i completely failed :frown: i was averaging 28-33 in practice but i just panicked and found the real thing so much harder. those who sat the LNAT last year how did you feel it went vs your actual results ? i also think my essay was pretty weak and poorly written, applying to oxford so that isn't great

i feel the same i applied to cam and it felt like arbitio which i got 16 in.. my essay was horrible and i lm so disappointed i just feel like crying
Reply 3
Original post by Viafrancis
i feel the same i applied to cam and it felt like arbitio which i got 16 in.. my essay was horrible and i lm so disappointed i just feel like crying

so real the lnat was such a pain. at least its over with. i think everyone struggled. i felt alr though. usually youve done better than you think
hey guys i have a question.

does anyone know if LNAT ninja questions are worth doing? im not sure if theyre reflective of the actual LNAT's difficulty.

Ive been doing Arbitio tests with a high of 20 and a low of 15, still need to complete 7 more then i intend to do the official samples to see if the arbitio magic of going from a score of 18 to 27 works.

Any feedback or advice, or even words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated
The LNAT felt really tough this year. Sure we’ll be fine :smile:
Reply 6
what made it tough this year? the passage lengths? The questions? The passage contents?
Original post by Seebtheweeb1
The LNAT felt really tough this year. Sure we’ll be fine :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by DCMIRACULI
I GET YOU!!!

I took my LNAT on saturday and really struggled, I'm sure we both did better than we think though xxx

best of luck i'm sure you did great !! let me know how it ended up if you want :smile: x
Reply 8
Original post by Viafrancis

sometimes when you feel like you did bad you end up doing better than expected . good luck with everything i'm sure you're just being hard on yourself and you'll end up doing great !!:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by velvety
what made it tough this year? the passage lengths? The questions? The passage contents?

for me personally i didn't have a problem with timing, but alot of my passages were based upon biology and scientific things. same w the questions, even got asked maths calculations (not my strongest area lol)
Reply 10
I am sure you'll do fine :smile: Can I ask what type of maths stuff? I've briefly skimmed over percentages, fractions and proportions
Original post by elxiar
for me personally i didn't have a problem with timing, but alot of my passages were based upon biology and scientific things. same w the questions, even got asked maths calculations (not my strongest area lol)
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 11
it was addition division stuff lol i'm honestly sure you'll be good i'm just shocking at anything with big numbers
I took mine 2 years ago and felt like it went awful but I ended up getting 27 and got into Oxford. The test always feels hard because it's not designed for you to get anything close to full marks, you probably did better than you thought you did and are just remembering the questions you struggled with/took longer on over the ones you got right.
Reply 13
Original post by Username123ab
I took mine 2 years ago and felt like it went awful but I ended up getting 27 and got into Oxford. The test always feels hard because it's not designed for you to get anything close to full marks, you probably did better than you thought you did and are just remembering the questions you struggled with/took longer on over the ones you got right.

this was so helpful, thank you for putting my mind at ease !! lifesaver seriously 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending