The Student Room Group

Girlfriend keeps putting me down and is always moody

I've been with her for one year now and recently she's acting really weird. Ive been extremely busy this past two weeks and i haven't had much time to see her. I get the feeling she taking out her frustration on me as she's feeling annoyed . Shes constantly commenting on my height as she is marginally taller, complains about how she can never wear heels. She also hates it when i go out with my friends for some reason. I'm starting to lose interest in her quickly due to her recent habits Is there a reason for why she is acting like this?
Reply 1
Tell her to get leg-shortening surgery.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with her for one year now and recently she's acting really weird. Ive been extremely busy this past two weeks and i haven't had much time to see her. I get the feeling she taking out her frustration on me as she's feeling annoyed . Shes constantly commenting on my height as she is marginally taller, complains about how she can never wear heels. She also hates it when i go out with my friends for some reason. I'm starting to lose interest in her quickly due to her recent habits Is there a reason for why she is acting like this?

How short are you?
I think regardless of whether or not she has reasons to be acting like this is irrelevant. Because she certainly shouldn't be doing it.

I can honestly say I don't know what her motivations are for doing it. Maybe she's insecure about her height, as she's tall, maybe she wants to make you feel bad about yours. The bottom line is that the way she's treating you is a big red flag and hating it when you go out with your friends is just a step away from starting to tell you that you can't go out with them.

When you say recently though...has she always been a bit like this and it's just worse recently, or is it like she's become a different person? Something might have triggered it.

If you want to salvage the relationship then the only thing you can do is talk to her about what she's doing, ask why she is doing it and explain how it's hurting your feelings and needs to stop.

If you're losing interest in her already I would rethink how much you want to be with her. Are in love with her? If not, I would suggest just moving on.

If this is all sudden, without any previous history, they're may be an underlying issue she's not talking to you about. In this scenario, just try and have a discussion about what's wrong. Also, I don't really understand why she can't wear heels, just because she's taller than you. Traditionalism like that is utterly ridiculous.
Reply 5
How short are you?

Probably 5ft 8
Reply 6
She's cheating on you with a tall guy
Dump her.
How short are you?

5ft 8.5 and she is 5ft 9
Talk to her homie
ask her? usually these sorts of grumpy comments are due to a frustration that isn't being resolved
Well... unless you're stopping her from wearing heels (which I'm sure you're not), her being taller than you is based on her own insecurities, not yours. And you're not allowed to go out with friends...?

What's happened recently that her mentality has changed? Could it perhaps be a friend? Because some girls get rather caught up on what theirfriends have said or thought. I.e. one of her friends commented about the height thing and now it's suddenly a problem.
Talk to her about it.
There is no way out of this. She has recognised your beta tenancies. It will only get worse.
Your only solution is to mutually find a way out of the relationship. The longer you leave it, the harder it will be.
I went through a phase of snapping at my boyfriend for quite a while. Never said anything like that though. Little bit mean. Anyway we narrowed it down to probably being down to medication I was on. It could just be that she's a little frustrated. And it could be a hormone thing or something. Maybe get her flowers of something? might lighten her up a bit. Or show her a cute animal videos. That works for most people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending