The Student Room Group

The world is going to tear itself apart with Islam hate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
I'm atheist

I don't believe that or a second.

I still find it amusing that you think that Germany bringing in millions of these migrants is not going to be a complete and utter disaster.
You can close the case by giving me a specific case study of 'integration failing'.And my definition of failing is that all immigrants had to leave or they were killed by the locals.A handful of immigrants causingproblems is not 'failed integration'.
You don't seem to understand what integration is.
Reply 42
You can close the case by giving me a specific case study of 'integration failing'.

And my definition of failing is that all immigrants had to leave or they were killed by the locals.

A handful of immigrants causingproblems is not 'failed integration'.

1. It is failed, your definition is just suited to your needs.

2. So in order for integration to fail, it requires all having had to leave. Then I might as well say all Muslims need to be peaceful, else you can't call it a religion of peace.
Every time there is a terrorist attack by a Middle-Easterner - regardless of their backstory, any other factors that could attribute to radicalisation, or failings in our own security, there is a massive group of people who start blaming Islam.

I think we should be allowed to criticise religions, and it is my personal belief that the world would be a better place without any religion, or if all religions became lifestyle choices and non-political. But that is realistically not going to happen, so we have to work with the situation we are in.

But the line has been crossed. All of the disrespectful people on here and many other places hide behind the shield of 'freedom to criticise religion'. But constantly attributing Islam, and incriminating all Muslims with the actions of a tiny amount is not criticising a religion - that is hating the religion.

Hating the religion causes more problems, it alienates the malleable members of the community, which segregates them and essentially makes them more likely to sympathise with radical ideas.

Islam does say barbaric things, but going around persecuting ordinary Muslims who have the common decency to follow Islam while respecting our own culture is a part of the problem. In New York, two innocent Muslims were killed and I have seen disgusting people on this website telling me they deserve it.

We are genuinely going to be in a stage about 30 years from now where radical religious attacks are extremely common, and not because of Islam being extreme, its because people are too hateful to realise that the terrorists clearly and deliberately manipulate what Islam says to justify their own actions, and the remaining 1.6 billion decent Muslims ignore it.

I've been to the heart of Muslim communities where the children probably haven't even seen westerners before, and the adults hadn't left their country, and they are friendlier than the average white person in the UK, they offer food and hospitality and they did not run out with a meat cleaver trying to behead some of the controversially-dressed girls in my group of people. They are good people, and they don't deserve to suffer at the hands of both terrorists who don't care about the average Muslim, or the average racist and disrespectful moron who is too hateful to incriminate the people actually responsible for their problems.

Please, stop stirring up religious hatred every time there is a terrorist attack. You are not criticising the religion by instantly incriminating Islam with any Middle-Easterner doing an attack - you are plainly hating on it, these people don't just 'snap' and turn into killers because they want to defend Islam, they do it because something ****ty has happened in their lives and they want to harm as many people as possible, and they find comfort in radical / extremist Islam because it legitimises their hateful feelings.

"Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand."

If this is the text you hold closest to your heart, then I think that says a lot about you.
Reply 44
Original post by Mathemagicien
Absolutely

And think about it - if everyone converted to Islam, there'd be no need for terrorism.

So Islam is the cure for terrorism!

Checkmate islamophobes

Shias and Sunnis?
Every time there is a terrorist attack by a Middle-Easterner - regardless of their backstory, any other factors that could attribute to radicalisation, or failings in our own security, there is a massive group of people who start blaming Islam.

I think we should be allowed to criticise religions, and it is my personal belief that the world would be a better place without any religion, or if all religions became lifestyle choices and non-political. But that is realistically not going to happen, so we have to work with the situation we are in.

But the line has been crossed. All of the disrespectful people on here and many other places hide behind the shield of 'freedom to criticise religion'. But constantly attributing Islam, and incriminating all Muslims with the actions of a tiny amount is not criticising a religion - that is hating the religion.

Hating the religion causes more problems, it alienates the malleable members of the community, which segregates them and essentially makes them more likely to sympathise with radical ideas.

Islam does say barbaric things, but going around persecuting ordinary Muslims who have the common decency to follow Islam while respecting our own culture is a part of the problem. In New York, two innocent Muslims were killed and I have seen disgusting people on this website telling me they deserve it.

We are genuinely going to be in a stage about 30 years from now where radical religious attacks are extremely common, and not because of Islam being extreme, its because people are too hateful to realise that the terrorists clearly and deliberately manipulate what Islam says to justify their own actions, and the remaining 1.6 billion decent Muslims ignore it.

I've been to the heart of Muslim communities where the children probably haven't even seen westerners before, and the adults hadn't left their country, and they are friendlier than the average white person in the UK, they offer food and hospitality and they did not run out with a meat cleaver trying to behead some of the controversially-dressed girls in my group of people. They are good people, and they don't deserve to suffer at the hands of both terrorists who don't care about the average Muslim, or the average racist and disrespectful moron who is too hateful to incriminate the people actually responsible for their problems.

Please, stop stirring up religious hatred every time there is a terrorist attack. You are not criticising the religion by instantly incriminating Islam with any Middle-Easterner doing an attack - you are plainly hating on it, these people don't just 'snap' and turn into killers because they want to defend Islam, they do it because something ****ty has happened in their lives and they want to harm as many people as possible, and they find comfort in radical / extremist Islam because it legitimises their hateful feelings.

Oooh where did you go OP?
I had the same experience going to Pakistan. The general population is so welcoming to foreigners and there is such a sense of community and empathy that you just don't see enough over here.
I volunteered at a hospital after a terrorist attack funded by India (cuz believe or not not all terrorism is done by 'muslims') and so many of the injured and dying people who were brought in were carried for miles by total strangers to the hospital. These strangers would then stay with the patients and bring them food despite being completely poor with no pennies to spare.
And yes - pretty much all muslims over there so...

True there are some controversial phrases in the Quran, but if you look at the history at the time those were released - most of them were during war periods. The majority of the book actually does condemn violence and preach peace, acceptance of everyone regardless of their religion, even rights for women etc.

If you (and this is directed at generally to anyone reading) are one of those people who pick out violent sounding phrases from the Quran as justifcation for your views,
then remember that that is what the those murdering extremists do.
So you are not presenting yourself as very educated person. Which is a shame really.
(edited 7 years ago)
Islam is as important as we choose to make it. There are no powerful Islamic countries.
@alevelisstress has to be a troll right?
Islamaphobia is arguably what alienates some of the potential future malleable young individuals into perpetrators, I think worrying about Islam hate or hate against Muslims is entirely warranted.

You're saying that Islamophobia of westerners causes terrorism.Cant you see anything wrong with that? If a muslim is offended by islamophobia then the correct response is to get on with your life or complain to the police.The correct response is not to becone radicalised and slaughter everybody.If Islamophobia causes radicalisation then it says a lot about the attitude of some muslims towards western society.

We all recognise the problem here- innocnet muslims being unfairly targetted - getting a backlash of resentment form the rest of the world population that have to deal with islamic terrorism.
Heres a compltely out there suggestion - but perhaps the islamic communities should do something about the problems fundamentalist islamic dcotrine creates globally? As we are often told is over 1 and half billion ppl, and they have access to oil money - why haven they made a dent in the growth of islamist groups ? - the issue goes beyond simply 'an attack by some middle-easterner' it is involving muslims of all nationalities and ethnicities. billions of islamic charity goes toward poltical agendas such as land grabbing in palestine, and other parts pf the world - where is there money when it comes to tackling the problems that their islamist doctrine is causing the rest of the planet? All the effort in the islamic community in terms of terrorism goes towards denying to has anything to do with them, not dealing with root of it. imagine if rest of europe took that same attitude toward Naziism

You ignoring the sources of all this friction between societies is doing nothing to reduce it. and apologists for islamist (ie like those on Isoc for example ) simply helps propagate it. Thankfully laws are adapting and ppl who made a career out of this sort of apologist attitude are being criminalised finally ( ie anjem chaudury)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Observatory
Islam is as important as we choose to make it. There are no powerful Islamic countries.

Yeah but Saudi has all the oil... Its why no other country, including USA and UK, wants to do anything actively to improve the human rights there. Don't wanna upset the guys with the oil!
Original post by WhereIsTheLove??
I had the same experience going to Pakistan. The general population is so welcoming to foreigners and there is such a sense of community and empathy that you just don't see enough over here.
I volunteered at a hospital after a terrorist attack funded by India (cuz believe or not not all terrorism is done by 'muslims':wink: and so many of the injured and dying people who were brought in were carried for miles by total strangers to the hospital. These strangers would then stay with the patients and bring them food despite being completely poor with no pennies to spare.

True there are some controversial phrases in the Quran, but if you look at the history at the time those were released - most of them were during war periods. The majority of the book actually does condemn violence and preach peace, acceptance of everyone regardless of their religion, even rights for women etc.

If you (and this is directed at generally to anyone reading) are one of those people who pick out violent sounding phrases from the Quran as justifcation for your views,
So you are not presenting yourself as very educated person. Which is a shame really.

In all honesty both the bible and the quran have horrible passages in it, but this is not the point. look at nearly all "christian" countries and they are Tolerant they are mostly peaceful they do not hold everyone under their religion or try to, they accept different cultures and they are normally not very extreme, Christianity has reformed and society has progressed in the Western world. We have a pope who is one of the highest figureheads of Christianity accepting gays, being nice to refugees and accepting many people that the Muslim world would not dare accept.

The Islamic world is centuries behind us socially and it does not look like you will be catchin up any time soon.
I volunteered at a hospital after a terrorist attack funded by India (cuz believe or not not all terrorism is done by 'muslims':wink: and so many of the injured and dying people who were brought in were carried for miles by total strangers to the hospital. These strangers would then stay with the patients and bring them food despite being completely poor with no pennies to spare.

sounds very much ISI propaganda, pakistan was responsible for training most of the al queda and taliban terrorists for decades, including the 7/7 bombers from the uk. the attacks going in pakistan right now are simply the gneeration of islamic terrorists it trained that no longer fund it anymore becuase the USAs threats, and their backlashing against the hand that fed them for so long. that is what happens when you flirt with extremists for you own aims.

there is islamic terrorism globally - so there must be some doctrine that promotes it amoung islamically indcotrinated people. other faiths are not linked with this sort of thing as much as islamic communities
Original post by AperfectBalance
In all honesty both the bible and the quran have horrible passages in it, but this is not the point. look at nearly all "christian" countries and they are Tolerant they are mostly peaceful they do not hold everyone under their religion or try to, they accept different cultures and they are normally not very extreme, Christianity has reformed and society has progressed in the Western world. We have a pope who is one of the highest figureheads of Christianity accepting gays, being nice to refugees and accepting many people that the Muslim world would not dare accept.

The Islamic world is centuries behind us socially and it does not look like you will be catchin up any time soon.

Yes but the majority of Christian countries (not all but a majority) are well established and have enough money to educate and keep their population happy.
Whereas the majority of muslim countries are still unstable, impoverished, in the middle of wars that were actually started by Western foreign policies. A large number of their population is uneducated and constantly in fear of their family's saftey to worry about anything else.
So it is pretty hard to comare them both with each other at the moment...
Original post by Mathemagicien
Absolutely

And think about it - if everyone converted to Islam, there'd be no need for terrorism.

So Islam is the cure for terrorism!

Checkmate islamophobes

Which version though?
OPs been silenced ....
Yeah but Saudi has all the oil... Its why no other country, including USA and UK, wants to do anything actively to improve the human rights there. Don't wanna upset the guys with the oil!

If we wanted to have the oil we would have it next week.
Yes but the majority of Christian countries (not all but a majority) are well established and have enough money to educate and keep their population happy.
Whereas the majority of muslim countries are still unstable, impoverished, in the middle of wars that were actually started by Western foreign policies. A large number of their population is uneducated and constantly in fear of their family's saftey to worry about anything else.
So it is pretty hard to comare them both with each other at the moment...

Yes I forgot before us evil white westerners came how peaceful everything wa. Oh wait.

so what about the Muslims that were born here that still hate gays or similar things?

And you forget saudi arabia and many other Places that are being held up by oil have enough money to educate everyone living there easily. and if you take a look at many Islamic countries Textbooks you can also see why things are so bad. many of them promote hatred.

And the threat of war does not mean that you need to be killing gays or Oppressing women.
Original post by Chakede
sounds very much ISI propaganda, pakistan was responsible for training most of the al queda and taliban terrorists for decades, including the 7/7 bombers from the uk. the attacks going in pakistan right now are simply the gneeration of islamic terrorists it trained that no longer fund it anymore becuase the USAs threats, and their backlashing against the hand that fed them for so long. that is what happens when you flirt with extremists for you own aims.
there is islamic terrorism globally - so there must be some doctrine that promotes it amoung islamically indcotrinated people. other faiths are not linked with this sort of thing as much as islamic communities

I really hope you are not implying that my personal experiences are ISI propaganda! :s-smilie: Harsh.

And as far as I have read, the USA and Saudi have had just as much influence on the birth and upbringing of those terrorist groups. And even if a countries rigged government are responsible for them, why should an innocent public have to pay the price?
And remember that most religion have gone through a rough patch where they have had extremeists fight under their name. Its just the world becoming smaller and more connected that has caused this to become such a huge thing
I really hope you are not implying that my personal experiences are ISI propaganda! :s-smilie: Harsh.

certainly am ,considering you have the delusion that terrorist attacks in pakistan are some sort of conspiracy developed from outsiders, instead of ignoring the reality that paksitan has been the biggest islamic terrorism factory for last 30 years. By dealing in that industry for so long, it was ineveitable the wheels were going to come off at some point and they would turn their guns on their handlers

And as far as I have read, the USA and Saudi have had just as much influence on the birth and upbringing of those terrorist groups. And even if a countries rigged government are responsible for them, why should an innocent public have to pay the price?

not really , their ideologies come from islamic shiekhs and imams not anyone else, usa maybe ( in the past ) helped with arms to saudi, but its the saudis themselves who choose who to dish them out to. so far they have armed sunni terorrist groups like hamas, taliban and IS to push their own agendas. but lets not kid ourselves to establish where the motivation for all islamist terrroism comes from.

And remember that most religion have gone through a rough patch where they have had extremeists fight under their name. Its just the world becoming smaller and more connected that has caused this to become such a huge thing

no other faith has had the conation to terrorism that the islamic community has; people - there is a reason for this, it is not fluke , or media, it is based on whats happend over the last 50 years. and the failure of the islamic world to deal with the issue in its own community - becuase it seems muslims dont want to take ownership of their own issues, that why the west has intervened so much.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending