The Student Room Group

The world is going to tear itself apart with Islam hate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by WhereIsTheLove??
Yes but the majority of Christian countries (not all but a majority) are well established and have enough money to educate and keep their population happy.
Whereas the majority of muslim countries are still unstable, impoverished, in the middle of wars that were actually started by Western foreign policies. A large number of their population is uneducated and constantly in fear of their family's saftey to worry about anything else.
So it is pretty hard to comare them both with each other at the moment...

So you are at least admitting Muslim culture tends to be violent and barbaric, but the reason is just poverty?
Well said:congrats:
Original post by inhuman
Oh when was this, on a gap yah?

:lol:
Original post by The_Opinion
I don't believe that or a second.

I still find it amusing that you think that Germany bringing in millions of these migrants is not going to be a complete and utter disaster.

Lol I am completely and utterly atheist, how do I prove that to you?

And it hasn't been a disaster, imagine a world where the refugees were stuck where they landed, it would be far worse.
Original post by The_Opinion
You don't seem to understand what integration is.

What would you define 'integration' as?
Original post by inhuman
1. It is failed, your definition is just suited to your needs.

2. So in order for integration to fail, it requires all having had to leave. Then I might as well say all Muslims need to be peaceful, else you can't call it a religion of peace.

So 'failed' is defined as a small handful are causing problems?

And Muslims are generally peaceful, it would be quite evident if we lived in a world of 1.6 billion radicalised extremists.
But most people who criticise Islam for being extreme don't then blame ALL Muslims for terrorist attack and the such, only a dunce would make such a comment. That said, it ha been shown consistently by poll after poll that Muslims tend to hold more conservative and backwards beliefs which often form fertile breeding ground for terrorists and this is something that has to be tackled.
Reply 67
Original post by alevelstresss
What would you define 'integration' as?

For starters it's not just living alongside, but with. Which means your definition of "only failed if all had to leave" fails already.
Original post by WhereIsTheLove??
Oooh where did you go OP?
I had the same experience going to Pakistan. The general population is so welcoming to foreigners and there is such a sense of community and empathy that you just don't see enough over here.
I volunteered at a hospital after a terrorist attack funded by India (cuz believe or not not all terrorism is done by 'muslims':wink: and so many of the injured and dying people who were brought in were carried for miles by total strangers to the hospital. These strangers would then stay with the patients and bring them food despite being completely poor with no pennies to spare.
And yes - pretty much all muslims over there so...

True there are some controversial phrases in the Quran, but if you look at the history at the time those were released - most of them were during war periods. The majority of the book actually does condemn violence and preach peace, acceptance of everyone regardless of their religion, even rights for women etc.

If you (and this is directed at generally to anyone reading) are one of those people who pick out violent sounding phrases from the Quran as justifcation for your views,
then remember that that is what the those murdering extremists do.
So you are not presenting yourself as very educated person. Which is a shame really.

I went to Kargil in north India which is 95% Muslim, and also Indonesia a year ago
Original post by Robby2312
You're saying that Islamophobia of westerners causes terrorism.Cant you see anything wrong with that? If a muslim is offended by islamophobia then the correct response is to get on with your life or complain to the police.The correct response is not to becone radicalised and slaughter everybody.If Islamophobia causes radicalisation then it says a lot about the attitude of some muslims towards western society.

Nope, I said that it is a contributing factor towards making them more likely to become sympathetic with extremist views. Please don't smear my words.
Original post by inhuman
For starters it's not just living alongside, but with. Which means your definition of "only failed if all had to leave" fails already.

Its only failed if something catastrophic happened in response, all of them being forced out by the locals is one possible manifestation of this.

I'll ask again though, what is 'integration' to you?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
But most people who criticise Islam for being extreme don't then blame ALL Muslims for terrorist attack and the such, only a dunce would make such a comment. That said, it ha been shown consistently by poll after poll that Muslims tend to hold more conservative and backwards beliefs which often form fertile breeding ground for terrorists and this is something that has to be tackled.

What is wrong with holding 'backwards' views? So long as they aren't willing to act on it, there is no problem. In my opinion, many people in this country who voted Brexit, such as those who voted to leave and make us economically worse off for their own xenophobic/anti-immigrant views hold 'backwards views'.

Find me a poll which says that "x% of Muslims would willingly go out and commit terrorist atrocities" and then I'll be worried.
Reply 72
So 'failed' is defined as a small handful are causing problems?

And Muslims are generally peaceful, it would be quite evident if we lived in a world of 1.6 billion radicalised extremists.

Small handful? Come off it. It is much more than just a small handful. It is every family that discriminates against gays and women, doesn't send their daughters to school. Would be happy under Sharia law, etc.

And I already told you that majority of Turks in Germany identify as Turks not German. Consider au contraire this to Commonwealth immigrants to the UK, say Indians in later generations. They identify as British. Do any even adhere to the caste system? They adapted and thrived.
Reply 73
Its only failed if something catastrophic happened in response, all of them being forced out by the locals is one possible manifestation of this.

I'll ask again though, what is 'integration' to you?

I already told you what it is. And I already told you that your definition is beyond ludicrous.
Original post by inhuman
Small handful? Come off it. It is much more than just a small handful. It is every family that discriminates against gays and women, doesn't send their daughters to school. Would be happy under Sharia law, etc.

And I already told you that majority of Turks in Germany identify as Turks not German. Consider au contraire this to Commonwealth immigrants to the UK, say Indians in later generations. They identify as British. Do any even adhere to the caste system? They adapted and thrived.

1. It is a small handful, the excessive majority of immigrants throughout history and throughout the refugee crisis have arrived without being sexual predators or terrorists. We have more domestic rape/assault cases than immigrants by far.

2. Sharia Law means nothing, it has no set list of things which are to be followed. And polls taken also suggest that Muslims who want Sharia Law in western countries agree that it wouldn't apply to non-Muslims. Sharia law =/= throwing gays off roofs or chopping off limbs for stealing. It is interpreted differently across the world. People who criticise Islam throw 'these people want Sharia Law' into the pond without acknowledging how vague it actually is.

3. I don't see why identifying as ethnicity x is a problem, surely integration problems would be racial clashes or organised violence by or against these immigrants?
Original post by inhuman
I already told you what it is. And I already told you that your definition is beyond ludicrous.

well you haven't convinced me, sorry
I went to Kargil in north India which is 95% Muslim, and also Indonesia a year ago

interesting you picked an area Kargil in kashmir that was swarmed with islamist militants that kicked off a war between india and pakistan in the 90s. not really a good example to rpove the point you are flailing to make...

Kargil was fyi originally a buddhist district of india, before it was invaded by islamic army forcibly converting by sword most of its inhabitants.
Reply 77
1. It is a small handful, the excessive majority of immigrants throughout history and throughout the refugee crisis have arrived without being sexual predators or terrorists. We have more domestic rape/assault cases than immigrants by far.

2. Sharia Law means nothing, it has no set list of things which are to be followed. And polls taken also suggest that Muslims who want Sharia Law in western countries agree that it wouldn't apply to non-Muslims. Sharia law =/= throwing gays off roofs or chopping off limbs for stealing. It is interpreted differently across the world. People who criticise Islam throw 'these people want Sharia Law' into the pond without acknowledging how vague it actually is.

3. I don't see why identifying as ethnicity x is a problem, surely integration problems would be racial clashes or organised violence by or against these immigrants?

Ethnicity? Who was talking about ethnicity...
Original post by Chakede
interesting you picked an area Kargil in kashmir that was swarmed with islamist militants that kicked off a war between india and pakistan in the 90s. not really a good example to rpove the point you are flailing to make...

Kargil was fyi originally a buddhist district of india, before it was invaded by islamic army forcibly converting by sword most of its inhabitants.

I don't see the problem, its a high Muslim population area, so by the logic of some of the people on here, they should have come out with knives and beheaded all the controversially-dressed females in the group? and yes, there were some.
Original post by inhuman
Ethnicity? Who was talking about ethnicity...

please respond to the whole thing or kindly go away, its easy for you to stimulate a hateful argument when you cherry pick the one small thing you are capable of criticising.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending