The Student Room Group

Why did students vote Leave?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inhuman
1 Is wrong, though we will find out in maybe a decade.

no, it's true. the EU is obsessed with tariffs and non-tariff barriers. it's the whole reason why the EU is economically stagnant

2 is typical of a brexiter and sad. But it's a difference of opinion so let's let it stand.

why is democracy sad?

3 is wrong for sure because any trade deal with the EU will involve movement of people, the EU has always said this. And in regards to the crisis you have already kept to taking an alibi number only, so don't see how that would change to even less i.e. None? I guess you mean those that come here don't work and just live off benefits. But a) what proportion actually does that and b) wouldn't it have been better to lobby EU to change eg people without work just get the same benefits as in their home country? That's what I find sad, you run away rather than try to fix what's broken.

it will involve movement but not staying :| do you not understand that? does a trader have to immigrate to another country merely to exchange materials?
Original post by Wammyburger
answer the question: why do you assume that all leave voters were xenophobes and dont take in any account of other reasons for voting leave?

As there are no justifiable reasons as to why we would leave the EU other than to control immigration. All the data showed we would be worse of outside the EU or are you are the type of guy who would see all the data for global warming then dismiss it as a myth?
Original post by alexjones1994
I'm just intrigued as to why an educated young person would vote leave? What could you possibly achieve from leaving the EU?

The only thing I can think of is less immigrants? So basically you are all xenophobes. Congrats.

I voted leave as I could see turmoil pushing gold up and making me a small fortune
and it has
I made £30,000 in bullion commissions in the first week
I have sold and upgraded my own collection of bullion (from 80-odd small gold coins to 10 full krugs )
and made £37,000 on scrap stuff (and got back a half kilo self-refined gold brick as well)
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Subjective lmao

>wanting to read your butthurt sore loser discourse

Nah

They are all objective. Which we can't change inside the EU.

Was it the Guardian or the Independent who told you that Leave voters were nasty, mean, xenophobic people? l m a o

Good reply there mate. Just chucking a load of abus; showing your true level of intelligence. You must be a Sun newspaper reader.
Original post by jamesthehustler
I voted leave as I could see turmoil pushing gold up and making me a small fortune
and it has
I made £30,000 in bullion commissions in the first week
I have sold and upgraded my own collection of bullion (from 80-odd small gold coins to 10 full krugs )
and made £37,000 on scrap stuff (and got back a half kilo self-refined gold brick as well)

I got to rep that. Short the pound also?
As there are no justifiable reasons as to why we would leave the EU other than to control immigration. All the data showed we would be worse of outside the EU or are you are the type of guy who would see all the data for global warming then dismiss it as a myth?

do you really think the need for sensible immigration policies is racist? why dont you see the problems with the huge influx of unskilled migrants into the UK, what a small world you live in and please dont tell me youre a supporter of the open borders policy. no other justifiable reasons to leave the EU? not going to answer, go research and educate yourself on the EU. And no i dont dismiss global warming as a myth.
Good reply there mate. Just chucking a load of abus; showing your true level of intelligence. You must be a Sun newspaper reader.

Telegraph actually.

Remain lost. Whinging about 'xenophobic brexiters' won't change anything.
I'm just intrigued as to why an educated young person would vote leave? What could you possibly achieve from leaving the EU?

The only thing I can think of is less immigrants? So basically you are all xenophobes. Congrats.

Oh dear here we go, another liberal warrior. Seriously "xenophobes"? Are you just starting this thread to have an argument? Don't answer that's rhetorical.
I got to rep that. Short the pound also?

that one wasn't so good cost me more to take on the US merchandise I love so much but the gold money has kept things flowing well
I mean I've bought 4 Zegna suits, 2 Rolexes and a Mercedes out of my profits so far
(not counting the 9 Rolexes i bought in as business stock)
and a spent £2000 at Montblanc and £4400 with Lalique on sculptures
(edited 7 years ago)
Telegraph actually.

Remain lost. Whinging about 'xenophobic brexiters' won't change anything.

The torygraph? Yet you stand up for the leave campaign? Strange.
The torygraph? Yes you voted leave. Strange.

Interestingly enough, not a Tory. Traditionalist.

Most students are left wing Europhiles. Makes sense most would vote Remain.
The torygraph? Yet you stand up for the leave campaign? Strange.

Hardly, tories are sellouts.They are not loyal to a country, a flag, or a people. They are individuals, concerned with nothing but self betterment and money. This however does not make me a leftist, I am right wing in alignment, but patriotic and people caring in belief. I ****ing despise Thatcher.
Original post by Harold Godwinson
Hardly, tories are sellouts.They are not loyal to a country, a flag, or a people. They are individuals, concerned with nothing but self betterment and money. This however does not make me a leftist, I am right wing in alignment, but patriotic and people caring in belief. I ****ing despise Thatcher.

And you would. But food for thought, Thatcher famously pulled out a piece of paper reading:
'You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.' Please bear this in mind.
no point arguing with a babbling idiot guys, he clearly doesnt understand the situation and the simple concept of democracy.
My sister voted Leave because she didn't like the fact that the EU had banned the May Day holiday. My mom voted for Leave because she wanted to buy an 18watt vacuum cleaner not a 16 watt one.
Interestingly enough, not a Tory. Traditionalist.

Most students are left wing Europhiles. Makes sense most would vote Remain.

Most lefties voted for Leave as well, in fact it was the left who was against us joining in the first place...
Reply 36
To protect the uk's sovereignty and our democracy, people have died for these things yet self entitled people like you want to sell those things off and join a USE, wanting a USE is fine but when you don't get your own way throwing your toys out the pram isn't, so why don't you go running to mommy and daddy and avoiding the real world where people work for the things they want and complain to them that not everyone is willing to give away their country for a couple of £'s.
Original post by Izzyeviel
Most lefties voted for Leave as well, in fact it was the left who was against us joining in the first place...

Back when the UK left-wing had integrity. Blair saw to the end of that.

Note the use of 'Europhiles'.
Back when the UK left-wing had integrity. Blair saw to the end of that.

Note the use of 'Europhiles'.

Considering a lot of lefties voted Leave this time, doesn't that imply they still have a lot of integrity??
Original post by Izzyeviel
Considering a lot of lefties voted Leave this time, doesn't that imply they still have a lot of integrity??

My original point was that left-wing students mostly voted to remain. The older people get, the more likely they are to vote leave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending