The Student Room Group

Need huge help

I got a C in business, a U in Mathematics and and Pass at AS IT, what can i do regarding university? both universities I have called has essentially laughed at me as i have around 100 Ucas points
I want to do mathematics at university and have applied for the foundation degrees for both of these, but I'm not getting any luck?
can someone please advise me
Resit your A levels?
Original post by Scannell96
I got a C in business, a U in Mathematics and and Pass at AS IT, what can i do regarding university? both universities I have called has essentially laughed at me as i have around 100 Ucas points
I want to do mathematics at university and have applied for the foundation degrees for both of these, but I'm not getting any luck?

Hi,
Try giving on of our team a call they will do their best to help you :smile: We also offer a fantastic business management course. Here is the link to out courses http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/clearing/
0800 0483 334
Emily
Student ambassador

Apprenticeship?

If it were me, then I would accept I hadnt done very well, then look at why.
If I felt I could do better I would simply resit.
Your other options are to choose other courses or an apprenticehsip.

I would not run round trying to get on any course possible.

Resits are only a year, only be a few months till all the rush dies down. Doing well in resits will give you more options to go the place you wanted to.

Hello :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that you maybe didn't get exactly what you wanted grade wise - however, there are a couple of options - have you considered at looking at the courses in Clearing? Have a look around and see what university is offering courses such as mathematics.

If not, maybe have a look at resisting your A Levels and building your UCAS points up.

Best of luck! :biggrin:

Hey

Have you maybe considered studying Business Studies or maybe Business management since this seems like the subject you are really strong in, I attend a business school in central London called Pearson College London , and they always have assessments days and they can offer you a place from you assessments regardless of what ever grades or UCAS points you have its worth checking them out, but I am sure they are quite a few Unis that work on the same principal.

Hope this helps

Good luck
Reply 7
Well, unfortunately that Maths result isn't going to help you very much. I am wondering why you are so keen on studying mathematics? Do you know why you ended up with a U?
Reply 8
Original post by Minerva
Well, unfortunately that Maths result isn't going to help you very much. I am wondering why you are so keen on studying mathematics? Do you know why you ended up with a U?

its something that i really enjoy and its only the as part that had let me down, I achieved a C in AS but i found A2 that much harder, it was a different studying scenario for me in the second year, but thats not any excuse of course
Reply 9
its something that i really enjoy and its only the as part that had let me down, I achieved a C in AS but i found A2 that much harder, it was a different studying scenario for me in the second year, but thats not any excuse of course
OK. The thing is that university level study of maths is even more challenging compared with A level, so admissions tutors might not be too keen. You might like to think about courses that include a maths element but aren't wholly based on it. The suggestions about sticking with business make sense, but you might also like to look at accounting and finance.
Reply 10
Original post by Minerva
OK. The thing is that university level study of maths is even more challenging compared with A level, so admissions tutors might not be too keen. You might like to think about courses that include a maths element but aren't wholly based on it. The suggestions about sticking with business make sense, but you might also like to look at accounting and finance.

Wheres likely to accept me doing a course of that nature?
Ive been offered a Maths Foundation degree @ Kingston, but been advised otherwise by friends & parents.
Wheres likely to accept me doing a course of that nature?
Ive been offered a Maths Foundation degree @ Kingston, but been advised otherwise by friends & parents.
What are they saying to you?
Reply 12
Original post by Minerva
What are they saying to you?

Parents are saying its very expensive and friends have said that its unorganised and not a very good establishment
Parents are saying its very expensive and friends have said that its unorganised and not a very good establishment
Unis are expensive, it's true, but the loans get paid back at a manageable rate and only when you are working, and what's still outstanding after 30 years is written off anyway.

Are your friends speaking from personal experience, I wonder, or from hearsay?

All of that said, it is not essential to go to university now. It can be better in the long run to postpone it until you are sure of the course you want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending