The Student Room Group

In england.do most men lose some interest in playing video games when they are 35-40?

I mean maybe not all but lose some
Reply 1
Yeah, i think so. Most men of that age in England are pretty settled down with partners and children. On the other hand I personally know men in their mid 30's who play computer games often.
Original post by Saboning

As a 35-40 year old man, I would say that I haven't lost interest in playing games, I just don't have the time anymore.

I've moved away from 80 hour rpgs to shorter experiences. I have a one year old as well so online games are generally off the table now.
Original post by Saboning

Not quite there yet but at 31 I've rediscovered my love of video games. but my gaming habits have changed, i can no longer be doing with tea baggings from American brats, so play more long form open world games like Witcher or reminisce playing Doom with Refused on very, very loud
Original post by sarahm24
Yeah, i think so. Most men of that age in England are pretty settled down with partners and children. On the other hand I personally know men in their mid 30's who play computer games often.
Going over 35 isnt the reason. Its just the trials of life with Wives, Kids and more senior jobs take over.Im sure if you surveyed that group they would still love to Play FIFA or COD or Skyrim etc.Just starting a game and having to stop every 5 minutes rather than lose 24 hours obsessing over a game just isnt the same.How much game time from the TSR staff gamers I wonder (tagged) and yes they're not 21 anymore :badger:@Captain Jack @shooks
(edited 7 years ago)
True fact: more over 30 year olds play video games than under 30
Original post by Captain Jack

interesting, how could you prove this by the way?

Spoiler

Yeah, and people still don't get this. It's like if you play video games over the age of 25 you're automatically considered a manchild. It's ridiculous
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by According to Pete
Going over 35 isnt the reason. Its just the trials of life with Wives, Kids and more senior jobs take over.Im sure if you surveyed that group they would still love to Play FIFA or COD or Skyrim etc.Just starting a game and having to stop every 5 minutes rather than lose 24 hours obsessing over a game just isnt the same.How much game time from the TSR staff gamers I wonder (tagged) and yes they're not 21 anymore :badger:@Captain Jack @shooks

Pretty much this.

Fortunately I haven't reach the kids stage yet so still have plenty of time for gaming :smile:
Original post by LifeIsFine
interesting, how could you prove this by the way?

Spoiler

Well, in 2011 I personally ran a nationally representative survey with Playstation, Microsoft, EA and others to find out the exact size of the UK gaming audience: http://mediatel.co.uk/newsline/2011/09/23/iab-32-9-million-people-in-the-uk-play-games/
44% were 25 - 45 year olds.

There have been other surveys since then too that proved almost exactly the same thing.
Well, in 2011 I personally ran a nationally representative survey with Playstation, Microsoft, EA and others to find out the exact size of the UK gaming audience: http://mediatel.co.uk/newsline/2011/09/23/iab-32-9-million-people-in-the-uk-play-games/
44% were 25 - 45 year olds.

There have been other surveys since then too that proved almost exactly the same thing.

Thanks that was really interesting!

Spoiler

Original post by LifeIsFine
Thanks that was really interesting!

Spoiler

Haha, it's wise to doubt me, I'm not always right! :biggrin: To be fair, I don't blame everyone thinking it's the opposite. Mobile games have made a big difference in recent years.
I stopped playing regularly when I was about 17.

My cousins in their 30s still play quite a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest