The Student Room Group

A Level Chemistry IS possible!!!

basically i did my AS's last year (2015) and i got an E overall in chemistry
i retook AS alongside my A2 exams and have just opened my results to find out i have achieved an A.
All it requires is you to work your absolute *******s off.
Original post by Ismail786
basically i did my AS's last year (2015) and i got an E overall in chemistry
i retook AS alongside my A2 exams and have just opened my results to find out i have achieved an A.
All it requires is you to work your absolute *******s off.

Well done on getting the A! That is a great achievement.

I did A-level chemistry (quite a few years ago now) and I think I put more effort in than for me other subjects to get my A!

But it shows with hard work it is possible :smile:

What are you off to do now?
Reply 2
Original post by RK
Well done on getting the A! That is a great achievement.

I did A-level chemistry (quite a few years ago now) and I think I put more effort in than for me other subjects to get my A!

But it shows with hard work it is possible :smile:

What are you off to do now?

thank you! & I'm taking a gap year. going to retake some units from biology and psychology to help bump them up to an A whilst doing my UKCAT and tonnes of experience in order to secure my place doing dentistry, hopefully anyway.....
Hey can I ask on how you improved your grade so much what tips would u give

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you! & I'm taking a gap year. going to retake some units from biology and psychology to help bump them up to an A whilst doing my UKCAT and tonnes of experience in order to secure my place doing dentistry, hopefully anyway.....

Cool! Enjoy the gap year and good look with denistry!

Be sure to keep TSR and other dentistry applicants updated in the dentistry forum and dentistry connect page.
Reply 5
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
Hey can I ask on how you improved your grade so much what tips would u give

Posted from TSR Mobile

me personally, for chemistry the first step is properly understanding the content. After that its simple.... practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice aaaaand.. more practice.
Do every past paper available at least 3 times and you'll be fine!... at least thats what worked with me anyway
Back in my A levels I managed to get from a predicted D in biology to an A through many many past papers. Don't ever lower your expectations even if some teachers tell you something you don't want to hear. Old advice that everyone always says, practice is the key. Also try and go through them with friends. The best way to revise is to teach someone else
me personally, for chemistry the first step is properly understanding the content. After that its simple.... practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice aaaaand.. more practice.
Do every past paper available at least 3 times and you'll be fine!... at least thats what worked with me anyway

This!

I did SO many chemistry past papers. It's so important to do them. You get used to question styles, it highlights the areas you need to look in to some more and gives you confidence about the actual exam - less chance of surprises on the day.

I don't have the actual stats, but anecdotally, based on the number of exam papers I recall my class doing and the grades people got - the more exams people did the better the grade.
That's amazing!!! Well done!
I got an E in Chemistry and a D in Biology but I realllly want to do medicine. I don't know if it would be better for me to retake or continue but work my socks off. Like I'm prepared to because I know this year could've been way better. I got an A in Sociology and a C in English aswell.

Absolutely. Keep doing past papers.

Quick Reply

Latest