The Student Room Group

The world is going to tear itself apart with Islam hate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by CherishFreedom
Seriously I don't know if you actually want anything done on the terrorist crisis, or you just enjoy being in the way of any sensible debate or solution to the issue.
He is a schoolboy who has just discovered left-wing politics and believes that as all Muslims are brown foreigners, they must be protected from the nasty white bigots. It is basically the racism of low expectations.
"Look, I went to a traditional Muslim village and they didn't try to behead me. They are so wise and gentle, they need defending".
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by inhuman

And finally, in my eyes, if you go crazy like wanting to kill someone or burning the flag i.e. the representation of the entire, of someone in that country who said something bad about a human from more than a 1000 years ago, then you are a ****ing lunatic.

Unfortunately that's what happens when you're brainwashed from birth to believe that the sun shone out of Muhammad's every orifice when by any reasonable measure he was one of the most repulsive, sickening and unpleasant characters of his time and perhaps in history.
Reply 362
Original post by alevelstresss
Just to put things into perspective, 436 Muslims were charged between 2001 and 2012 for terrorism offences.

A minuscule amount, domestic rapists and murderers are a far more common threat lmao
But the salient point is that they are massively over-represented in those statistics. The argument is about the nature of Islamic extremism and its causes, not how many terrorists have been convicted in Britain.
Reply 363
so you are unqualified to make bigoted comments about how they all want to murder or imprison you for being bisexual
STRAWMAN!
It is undeniable that in some Muslim communities around the world it would be unsafe to show open displays of homosexuality, even if not everyone in the community would take action.

Are you capable of constructing a response that does not contain either logical fallacy or factual error?
Reply 364
When religious hatred has the potential to radicalise these people, telling you to stop hating and start criticising is entirely warranted.
But you claim that the religion has nothing to do with the radicalisation. So how can criticising the religion lead to radicalisation.
It makes no sense.

So, you are basically saying that the threat of further violence is sufficient to make the existing violence acceptable? That's called "appeasement", and is never a good idea. All it does is show the aggressor that they can continue or even escalate conflict with impunity.
Poor QE2 still spamming his bigotry even though I blocked him
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Evidently you dont grasp that seeing as you implied i avoided them out of fear or prejudice. Im not attacking you, you are being rightly criticised for awful reasoning and arguments and bewildering bias to your beliefs.

I think it makes terrorist attacks neither more or less likely. I personally dont go around calling Mohammed a paedo because its unoriginal and quite well known now though would happily do so if somebody asserts he was some great virtuous hero. Again i dont hate all muslims.. why is this so difficult for you??

It makes terrorist attacks more likely, Muslims being attacked relentlessly as if they are collectively 'the enemy' isolates them from society and generates hateful feelings - which makes them more likely to sympathise with groups like ISIS, and carry out attacks in their name.
Original post by Chakede
Repeating the known story that mohammed had a thing for 6- 9 year olds is by no stretch of any imagination justification for terrorist attacks; only in the mind of the most dimwitted islamist is it a influencer of terrorism. so it makes it clear in which camp you sit

There are different cultures from our own, whether or not your mind can fathom it, child-marriage was seen as a decent thing 1500 years ago, just as how burning innocent women in the UK for 'being witches' used to be common.
It makes terrorist attacks more likely, Muslims being attacked relentlessly as if they are collectively 'the enemy' isolates them from society and generates hateful feelings - which makes them more likely to sympathise with groups like ISIS, and carry out attacks in their name.

Nah it doesnt. Why do we not see christians doing the same? Why do we not see Eastern europeans doing the same? Why do we not see Man utd supporters doing the same? Why do we not see Labour voters or Corbyn supporters doing the same.. or Farage supporters?
Reply 369
Original post by sleepysnooze
what is the boundary between "hating" and "criticising"?
Hating is pointing out its faults and problems.
Criticising is saying that although different, it is acceptable.
Apparently.
Nah it doesnt. Why do we not see christians doing the same? Why do we not see Eastern europeans doing the same? Why do we not see Man utd supporters doing the same? Why do we not see Labour voters or Corbyn supporters doing the same.. or Farage supporters?

Because Christianity does not currently have a radical militant group which professes to create a worldwide caliphate. ISIL's success legitimises these hateful feelings, its why christian violence also increased during the KKK's days, these groups legitimise the negative thoughts of the average person. The same applies with donald trump, an authoritative figure who is suddenly saying 'its ok to hate other races/groups', its the same with ISIS, but far fewer are susceptible to it.

Surely that's obvious?

And yes it does, Muslims become radicalised sometimes because they isolate themselves from western culture. I've studied every single case of extremism leading to attacks since the Sydney siege, both of the Kouachi brothers were radicalised by being segregated in jail and being exposed to other radical individuals, other cases including Rezgui and the Nice attacker, and both Tunisian museum attackers (excluding the one who wasn't caught) show relatives/friends describing them as becoming isolated. One cause of this isolation is being hated on because of their faith.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 371
I am not sure what the exact boundary is, but the boundaries lies somewhere between criticising its elements and constantly incriminating all Muslims with terrorism
Which is something that only happens in the minds of Muslims and SJW apologists. So we can dispense with the "hating" accusations. Phew!
Because Christianity does not currently have a radical militant group which professes to create a worldwide caliphate. ISIL's success legitimises these hateful feelings, its why christian violence also increased during the KKK's days, these groups legitimise the negative thoughts of the average person. The same applies with donald trump, an authoritative figure who is suddenly saying 'its ok to hate other races/groups', its the same with ISIS, but far fewer are susceptible to it.

Surely that's obvious?

And yes it does, Muslims become radicalised sometimes because they isolate themselves from western culture. I've studied every single case of extremism leading to attacks since the Sydney siege, both of the Kouachi brothers were radicalised by being segregated in jail and being exposed to other radical individuals, other cases including Rezgui and the Nice attacker, and both Tunisian museum attackers (excluding the one who wasn't caught) show relatives/friends describing them as becoming isolated. One cause of this isolation is being hated on because of their faith.

Why do Man utd fans, Christans, Labour supporters not have radical militant groups with deadly intent to those that speak against Man utd, Christians, Labour party..?

Islam has numerous
Reply 373
I'm talking about the present day :facepalm:
I would be surprised if any Secular Humanists didn't want secular humanism based on reason and evidence to dominate the world, I certainly do.

So why would it be unlikely that Muslims would want their worldview to be dominant? Especially when their perfect god tells them in his perfect book that that is what he wants!

The fact that the majority of both parties would not be prepared to engage in violence to achieive this is irrelevant to your original question of what people wanted - not what lenghts they would be prepared to go to in order to achieve it.

I think one of the problems you are having is that you don't actually understand what you are saying some of the time.
Reply 374
Personal insults because argument has run dry lol

and yes, I think you will be perfectly fine if you go to Turkey, unless you do what I predict you will do and you go around hating Islam in front of everyone
Ah, so even in a nominally secular Islamic country like Turkey, you admit that you risk a violent reaction if you criticise Islam.
Case proven M'lud.
Reply 375
Original post by lahorizon
Also I find it strange how when a priest was stabbed in France, people went ballistic (rightfully so). But no one batted an eyelid when an Imam was stabbed outside a mosque in New York. Funny how things work like that
The imam was shot on the street. The priest was beheaded in his church. And the news coverage has been comprehensive for both.
Why do Man utd fans, Christans, Labour supporters not have radical militant groups with deadly intent to those that speak against Man utd, Christians, Labour party..?

Islam has numerous

Because none of those groups have been situated in a country that has been invaded and destroyed by failed western foreign policy and corrupt, evil regimes which barrel-bomb its own people.

I feel like I am spoonfeeding the obvious here
Original post by The_Opinion
It does invalidate your point, if you cant even get such a simple yet key part of the story right, it shows that you are not well researched in the subject area.

Also, the murder of that Imam was not a terrorist attack, so it is not comparable to the church attack.

It honestly does not invalidate my point (as much as you would like it to) since I wrote that at midnight before results day and I was stressed-mistakes happen.What makes them different? They were both political.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Yeah cause a terrorist beheading a priest in a church in what is obviously a religiously-motivated attack is comparable with a shooting of an imam by a random Hispanic where we don't even know what the motive is yet and neither do you lol. Don't be stupid.

They were both supported by an ideology, one hates Christians and another hates Muslims. It is clear and you will find out soon enough the motive and it will be exactly what I said it is. Just wait...
Reply 379
Original post by Gman786
9/11 killed 1000s of people but the war on terror has killed a million people in iraq, pakistan, yemen, afghanistan.
Oh dear, not this again.
The vast majority of Muslims killed in the region have been killed by other Muslims in sectarian or political violence. It has been like this for centuries, and will probably continue in a similar vein. Yet we rarely hear of Muslims condemming Islam, they just bang on about "the west".
The numbers of civilian dead from coalition airstrikes is small (excluding the Russians, who are indiscriminately bombing as a de facto ally of Assad in the civil war).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending