The Student Room Group

My teacher lied about my coursework grade?

I have just finished my full two years at sixth form where I did photography. While doing this course my teacher had always been off with me, she used to ask where I was during art lessons when I never even did art at that school and she never helped me with any of my work even when I went to her.
After we handed in our coursework folders this year she checked them, wrote our grade and handed us a sheet with improvements that we could do to make it better if we wished. She wrote that my folder was currently a grade B and if did the improvements that she wrote out it would have been a grade A. Because at the time I was struggling to come up with exam ideas and because I was happy with a grade B, I did about half of the improvements and left my folder to concentrate on the exam.
I have just gotten my results back and it turns out that my coursework folder was in fact a grade D and because of this my overall grade is a D. This is a problem for me as it would affect me getting into university after my leap year. Is there anything that could be done about this grade if I report it to school as I believe that if the teacher hadn't marked my folder wrongly then I would have been able to pass the course by finishing the improvements that she had wrote. The grade was wrote on a piece of paper however I threw it out before I got my results and although there is a chance that she has a copy of the grade I personally have no proof.
I'm pretty sure they can't tell you your grade if its externally marked - as they don't know. I assume it was externally marked and moderated? Unfortunately the marker didn't think it was up to the standard your teacher thought
Original post by A-LJLB
I'm pretty sure they can't tell you your grade if its externally marked - as they don't know. I assume it was externally marked and moderated? Unfortunately the marker didn't think it was up to the standard your teacher thought

I understand this but surely there are grade boundaries that the teachers are aware of? If she can't guess around that then how is she able to give the grades out in the first place? She was two whole grades away!
Original post by oliviasmith11
I understand this but surely there are grade boundaries that the teachers are aware of? If she can't guess around that then how is she able to give the grades out in the first place? She was two whole grades away!

I can't tell you why she was inaccurate in predicting your grade, and she really shouldn't have told you what she thought your coursework was worthy of due to problems like this. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do to change the outcome
:dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest