The Student Room Group

Do confident girls or prettier girls get the hotter guy?

- -
(edited 7 years ago)
Confidence makes girls prettier.

False dichotomy.
Original post by Supersaps

False dichotomy.

What does false dichotomy mean?
It's a false choice.

Prettiness isn't just a physical characteristic, it can be enhanced by the way you carry yourself, present yourself, if you have a nice laugh, etc.

So saying prettiness vs confidence doesn't really make sense.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
For women its prettier face.
For men its confidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You would think the prettier girl gets the prettiest guy but I usually see drop-dead gorge guy with average looking or slightly pretty girlfriends and drop-dead gorgeous girls with average looking or even ugly (sorry, harsh word I know) boyfriends.
Reply 6
Face > everything
Reply 7
Original post by Pinkberry_y
So my friend and I were discussing this earlier, you could argue the prettier girl will get the :biggrin:better looking guy because both are attractive and attract each other. But she definitely believes the more confident girl will get the hotter guy.

What do you guys think? I would add a poll but idk how to, so write below! And give a reason if you can be bothered to :biggrin:

sorry definitely not, there are a lot of confident girls that are not considered good looking and they are with people of a similar "level" of looks.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
So my friend and I were discussing this earlier, you could argue the prettier girl will get the :biggrin:better looking guy because both are attractive and attract each other. But she definitely believes the more confident girl will get the hotter guy.

What do you guys think? I would add a poll but idk how to, so write below! And give a reason if you can be bothered to :biggrin:

I would believe the more confident girl would get the better looking guy because
she'll be more outgoing and straight forward compared to the other prettier
girl who wants the guy to do all the chasing. (assuming pretty = facial looks)

Guys just want someone straight forward tbh and if they click, they click. :smile:

Original post by NotYaboy
Face > everything

Perhaps for women. ^

But most guys would settle for a girl with average looks but thats got a amazing body. :lol: You can't say face>everything because if her body fat % is above average she won't look as attractive as compared to when she's a bit leaner and the same compared to fluffy face guys v.s chiseled face.
Reply 9
Original post by Supersaps

False dichotomy.

Another word for it is an oxymoron, (contradiction in terms).
Guys don't care about confidence, to a certain extent. Most of the time you just have to be good looking and that will make up for everything else you are lacking. Yep, guys are visual creatures, especially if they know they can show you off- ego boost....that's all it takes for them- yeah they are suckers for pretty girls. All common sense goes out the window,
This question has no meaningful answer as long as people are so varied.
Reply 12
Pretty wins. But confidence is an advantage too. Of course the reaction that prettiness gets is often a confidence booster at least in the dating stakes.
Confidence starts or continues a conversation.
Typically, attractiveness and confidence go hand in hand - if you think you're pretty, you're more likely to feel confident and if you're confident, you're more likely to think of yourself as pretty. I'd run with confidence overall though, because of personal experience.
different people want different things - some will prioritise confidence, others looks and some will prioritise other aspects of personality

the way someone acts/dresses can make them seem prettier or less attractive
Confidence doesn't mean anything for girls. She just has to be pretty.
Confidence in girls bares no importance in male-female dynamics. Being a confident female is not a natural desirable trait that displays strong genes - contrary to being pretty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending