The Student Room Group

How much is everyone bringing for University

How much has everyone saved or is getting from loan/bursary?
Original post by New Sign
How much has everyone saved or is getting from loan/bursary?

Hello :smile:

I didn't really save anything for university (even though I wish I had) so everything came from my Student Loan really apart from a £500 present from my mother for emergencies etc.

:biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by JustGeorgeJ

I didn't really save anything for university (even though I wish I had) so everything came from my Student Loan really apart from a £500 present from my mother for emergencies etc.

:biggrin:

Hi thanks for replying. I haven't saved that much aswell, i'm going uni this year. How much loan did you get and was it enough? Did you have to ultra-save up
Hi thanks for replying. I haven't saved that much aswell, i'm going uni this year. How much loan did you get and was it enough? Did you have to ultra-save up

It's okay, no problem at all! I received around £7500 Student Loan and it was enough for my accommodation and living - with quite a lot left over! Only in my Second Year did I have to get a part time job to help me!
Reply 4

It's okay, no problem at all! I received around £7500 Student Loan and it was enough for my accommodation and living - with quite a lot left over! Only in my Second Year did I have to get a part time job to help me!

Why did you have to get a job in second year? Do they shorten student loan in 2/3rd year? Thanks
Why did you have to get a job in second year? Do they shorten student loan in 2/3rd year? Thanks

No, no! Not at all - unless situations change at home, but they shouldn't.
I had to get a job because I moved into a student house and the price of living there was a little more expensive than student accommodation purely because the tenancy was longer so overall, I was left with less disposable income over the year so I had to get a job to support that loss!
Reply 6
No, no! Not at all - unless situations change at home, but they shouldn't.
I had to get a job because I moved into a student house and the price of living there was a little more expensive than student accommodation purely because the tenancy was longer so overall, I was left with less disposable income over the year so I had to get a job to support that loss!

Hey thanks for the help soo much. I tweeted you on Twitter (if i could ask more Qs). Thanks
Hey thanks for the help soo much. I tweeted you on Twitter (if i could ask more Qs). Thanks

Hello,

I've replied to you - DM whenever you like :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending