The Student Room Group

Leeds vs Sheffield vs York vs Reading

Hi there,

I currently have verbal offers from these unis for maths through clearing. How would you rank these unis compared to each over for being a better uni to have a maths degree from.

I should mention that I am content with each uni's location, student life, etc so I am purely asking in terms of better prospects post-degree.

Cheers.
Original post by paradoxequation
Hi there,

I currently have verbal offers from these unis for maths through clearing. How would you rank these unis compared to each over for being a better uni to have a maths degree from.

I should mention that I am content with each uni's location, student life, etc so I am purely asking in terms of better prospects post-degree.

Cheers.

Leeds
York
Sheffield
Reading

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prospects aren't really affected by which uni you go to and they're all similar so you're better bet would be to look at course content and structure.
Original post by Justtryingtolive
Leeds
York
Sheffield
Reading

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the quick response! That is pleasing to hear as I was leaning towards Leeds. Any reasoning?
Original post by alleycat393
Prospects aren't really affected by which uni you go to and they're all similar so you're better bet would be to look at course content and structure.

Yeah, you're right. The differences between them appears to be quite small. Just unfamiliar with the universities as these are all through clearing.
Original post by paradoxequation
Thanks for the quick response! That is pleasing to hear as I was leaning towards Leeds. Any reasoning?

Leeds is extremely well known and has a v high reputation! By no means I am an expert on giving advice about unis, it's just the one I'd go for out of the rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest