The Student Room Group

Today is the two month anniversary of the Brexit referendum

How are you all feeling?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't really care lol
I am currently celebrating the opening of 8 new hospitals in Weymouth, South Thanet, Boston, Bournemouth East, etc... we took our country back from those damn muslim immigrants and their backwards culture, and unelected representatives

Spoiler

Original post by Trapz99
I don't really care lol

lol I was just trying to provoke and see if people were still edgy about it.
The world hasn't stopped turning, there's been no rioting, no disasters on the stock markets, no emergency budget, no mass exodus of Brits and no mass influx of Europeans. We have a credible PM in place and European leaders are now talking about the need to be constructive toward the UK. China wants to invest billions in the UK, while Australia, India, the US and many others want trade deals. Some deluded European leaders are saying 'borders are bad' and now 'we want our own army'. But we'll be out of their mess before too long.

Life is good.
Reply 6
I feel great and it would be even better when we are physically out!
F yeahh pewww peww pewwww

And......
Reply 9
Calm before the storm.

Still haven't forgiven Brexiters yet.
I'm disappointed that they're dragging their feet and haven't invoked Article 50.

They're not going to do it. They're going to drag it out long enough that they hope people forget.
****ing invoke already
1) It's not legally binding; There is still hope
2) We won't trigger article 50 until at least mid-2017 because:
-If we do it now, we dont get a vote on our exit terms and it is decided by the other 27(?) members
-We need to establish trade relationships elsewhere in the meantime
3) By the 3 years or so it'll take to complete, I'll hopefully be long-gone :smile:
Sorry but what is the point in this thread?
i'm still really not impressed with how the election turned out but as long as i leave the uk asap, it won't matter to me. i think that if we really do have to leave the eu, then we have to do it right. people who are demanding for article 50 to be invoked immediately are annoying me a bit bc we have to figure out what we are going to do. the bad decision that has been made needs to be dealt with in the best possible way, and that means that we need a plan. the fact that bigoted people won this referendum still makes me feel physically sick, and only encourages me to leave this close-minded country...
Original post by Betelgeuse-
F yeahh pewww peww pewwww

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that an US army uniform?
Reply 16
I'm still happy about the result and believe we should activate article 50 asap and at the latest February, the French and the Germans both have elections next year and they are the most influential members and it would put pressure on them in negotiations.
Original post by Rlove95
Calm before the storm.

Still haven't forgiven Brexiters yet.

You don't deserve our forgiveness.
Original post by lostintrnslation
people who are demanding for article 50 to be invoked immediately are annoying me a bit

Yeah. Brexiters are in a hurry when the reality is this isn't going to happen by 2018 September or anything close. I think they imagine Borris strolling down to the pub with Putin for a pint to discuss the new, fantastic trade deals we're going to have, everything will be well and good, and that'll be that. Everybody knows we're leaving and therefore that we can be squeezed. Diplomatic relations for us here are severe and certainly we need the time the government is giving us if this is really going through.

Dunno what leavers were expecting. A vote and then the sound of a large, terminal bell, Captains shouting "Close the gate!" as the drawbridge is retrieved upwards towards our walls?
Original post by joecphillips
I'm still happy about the result and believe we should activate article 50 asap and at the latest February, the French and the Germans both have elections next year and they are the most influential members and it would put pressure on them in negotiations.

On the contrary, the economist argues we should wait until after those election, so that we understand the landscape a little better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending