The Student Room Group

What is the worst punishment you had from family members/carers?

I think that I will start. When I was 10 my stepdad made me write out kids books around 70 pages for things like answering back, not eating everything off my plate and being unhappy which happened often. If the writing wasn't neat and I crossed something out I had to start again. I remember one time I had an argument so of course he made me write out a book. The argument was at dinner time which mean that I spent the whole night writing. At one point I fell asleep and he came to wake me up. So I decided to try and strangle myself before the night was over. Didn't work. What are your stories?
I don't think I've ever really had a seriously bad punishment.. (Un)fortunately my upbringing was very laid back on the parenting side. Pretty much the only discipline I got was self discipline. Sometimes you just need to kick your own ass, so maybe that's my worst punishment is never being punished?!
Reply 2
I never really got disciplined. I was never spanked, grounded, had toys took off me etc. I'm not saying I was a perfect child but I rarely done anything that would cause my family to punish me. My gran would say she would take my toys off me if I continued and that would be enough for me to shut up but that was the extent of it really.
Original post by Lucarious30
I don't think I've ever really had a seriously bad punishment.. (Un)fortunately my upbringing was very laid back on the parenting side. Pretty much the only discipline I got was self discipline. Sometimes you just need to kick your own ass, so maybe that's my worst punishment is never being punished?!

Original post by Spock's Socks
I never really got disciplined. I was never spanked, grounded, had toys took off me etc. I'm not saying I was a perfect child but I rarely done anything that would cause my family to punish me. My gran would say she would take my toys off me if I continued and that would be enough for me to shut up but that was the extent of it really.

Seems like I was the only naughty child:colondollar:...
Original post by parrot16
I think that I will start. When I was 10 my stepdad made me write out kids books around 70 pages for things like answering back, not eating everything off my plate and being unhappy which happened often. If the writing wasn't neat and I crossed something out I had to start again. I remember one time I had an argument so of course he made me write out a book. The argument was at dinner time which mean that I spent the whole night writing. At one point I fell asleep and he came to wake me up. So I decided to try and strangle myself before the night was over. Didn't work. What are your stories?

Your step dad sounds awful, did your mum do anything to step in?
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Your step dad sounds awful, did your mum do anything to step in?

Nope, in fact she liked what he did and told me I will be living with my irresponsible father if I carry on. They broke up so I only live with her now.
Dad hit me with a slipper.
Sister threw a chair at me.
Brother (younger than me) kicked me.

Explains why I'm a broken man. First class degree, yes, but that means nothing. Pretty much everyone else in a job grew up properly and always managed to cope.
a nun in the children's home I was in took my left hand and deliberately shut the third finger on my hand in the hinge of the door because I played a wrong note on the violin. Top of my finger was hanging off.
Beaten over the back with a wooden coat hanger for stealing a biscuit. I was 6.
Force fed food I could t eat and then force fed the vomit when I brought it up.
I think forcing me to eat a tablespoon full of powdered red chili (as punishment for saying a bad word) probably takes the cake. :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest