The Student Room Group

I can’t think of my bf or I get a sick feeling or his touch

I will start off with I’ve been sexually assaulted by a family member. I went to therapy but quit bc I didn’t like it. 4 years later I met my bf. Was an angel.. about a couple days ago I just woke up and had this sick feeling exactly how when I told my mom what happened to me.. I felt sick all the time and couldn’t eat. My dad kept saying to me all my bf wants is sex and that’s it but my bf dosent. But at the same time we do lots of sexual stuff.. but he always ask if I’m ok after but then I cry.. now I can’t think about him much or have his touch bc then I’ll feel like throwing up. I don’t want to break up bc then I will shatter.. Idk what to do.. I wanna be happy with him again bc how can I just wake up and feel like this.. please help because I’m getting mad at myself and always crying.
even tho i havent gone thru anything similar, id just like to say that family member deserves the worst. anywayyy i honestly dont know much about situations like these but i do know this: communication is key. talk to ur bf abt this cuz u guys know ur own relationship better that ur parents. yk hes a good guy so im sure u can work this out. since this feeling came out of the blue its probably gonna leave just as quickly. from reading this, prior to these feelings i think u were comfy with the more touchy stuff? if thats the case, just give it time and let him know that you dont want innocent hand holding or knee touches to go anywhere else so that he doesnt unknowingly make you feel uncomfortable.

what happened to u 4 yrs ago is horrible and ik it feels hard to let go. so know your feelings are valid and im so sure u can get thru this.
I think I would reconsider therapy as it seems the intimacy of the relationship is triggering these feelings/anxieties.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
even tho i havent gone thru anything similar, id just like to say that family member deserves the worst. anywayyy i honestly dont know much about situations like these but i do know this: communication is key. talk to ur bf abt this cuz u guys know ur own relationship better that ur parents. yk hes a good guy so im sure u can work this out. since this feeling came out of the blue its probably gonna leave just as quickly. from reading this, prior to these feelings i think u were comfy with the more touchy stuff? if thats the case, just give it time and let him know that you dont want innocent hand holding or knee touches to go anywhere else so that he doesnt unknowingly make you feel uncomfortable.

what happened to u 4 yrs ago is horrible and ik it feels hard to let go. so know your feelings are valid and im so sure u can get thru this.

I just want to get through this through.. I want to be ok with his touch. I want it but when I think about it, it makes me sick like I have to throw up. Is that normal.. like I feel alone in this and not normal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending