The Student Room Group

do employers really consider mitigating circumstances grad scheme

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with employers considering mitigating circumstances when applying for graduate schemes, and if so which employers and/or schemes did you apply for?

To give a little background, I have just finished my masters degree with a pass with merit in history, and studied my undergraduate within history and received a 2.2. I have had a quite unfortunate time during my studies, throughout my undergraduate degree I was a full time carer for a family member who passed near the end of my undergraduate. I also had to care for my granny, with the same outcome. Alongside this, during my masters my best friend passed away very unexpectedly. As you can imagine, this has severely affected my true potential, yet I am having difficulty in being accepted by any graduate level job. It's not that I want special treatment or sympathy in any way, I just want to know where to go from here. I am open to jobs from a lot of sectors, business, marketing, banking, you name it. I am just a little unsure where to go from here, and how I should try moving forward. any tips, experiences etc would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance. :smile:
Reply 1
I would also consider schemes in Audit, consulting, or anything like that, just except for HR haha :smile:
Reply 2
I know that Evelyn Partners accept a 2.2 for their Audit Graduate Scheme. There are always openings in Audit due to the number of people that move sideways or to other companies. It's a good area to start, get your ACA and then move on.
Reply 3
Original post by nutz99
I know that Evelyn Partners accept a 2.2 for their Audit Graduate Scheme. There are always openings in Audit due to the number of people that move sideways or to other companies. It's a good area to start, get your ACA and then move on.

Thank you for letting me know, I'll check them out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending