The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else doing biomed and/or staying at vanbrugh college? (I'm in eric milner-white court b!) :smile: :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by l1lvink
As Aph said, Law is on Hes East, but if I were you, I would not reject everything from Hes West just cos its on the other side of the campus

How far is it? (East from West I mean?
Reply 82
Original post by Giorgiiaa
How far is it? (East from West I mean?

15-20 min walk or 5 minster on the free bus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing biomed too!
Original post by Aph
15-20 min walk or 5 minster on the free bus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. You've been really helpful x
Reply 85
What exactly is the campus takeover freshers event? I'd like to know what it is before i sink £27 into a ticket
Original post by TheKian
What exactly is the campus takeover freshers event? I'd like to know what it is before i sink £27 into a ticket

It'll probably be awful. Do not buy! Last year's event was absolutely shambolic. And the hot dogs were £7.

(Get viking raid though, and comedy night if there are good acts.)
Reply 87
Original post by jonnynoctu
It'll probably be awful. Do not buy! Last year's event was absolutely shambolic. And the hot dogs were £7.

(Get viking raid though, and comedy night if there are good acts.)

Comedy night acts won't be revealed until much later though :frown: it feels like they are being deliberately vauge on everything because they want money and are trying to convince us to spend it.
Original post by Aph
Comedy night acts won't be revealed until much later though :frown: it feels like they are being deliberately vauge on everything because they want money and are trying to convince us to spend it.

Last year we had Seann Walsh; it probably won't be disappointing. Lots of people will wait until acts are announced.

DEFINITELY buy viking raid though. Had a blast last year: don't remember much :biggrin:
Last year a lot of people bought tickets during the first few days after moving in (once they knew what their housemates were doing), so I wouldn't worry about them being sold out, as long as you don't wait too long
Reply 90
When should I start buying them freshers tickets?
Original post by Adrono
When should I start buying them freshers tickets?

Last year, we could still buy them on arrival day, so you don't have decide too quickly, but if you know that you want to buy one, you may as well do it now
Hey guys!
Will there be anyone selling freshers tickets at the various campuses or do I have to do it online?
Original post by EleonoraDi
Hey guys!
Will there be anyone selling freshers tickets at the various campuses or do I have to do it online?

Last year, we could buy them in person on campus, so I guess that will be the same case this year.
Hi does anyone want Fresher's House Party/ Fresher's Initiation tickets? Please message me Thanks!
Original post by Gingerbread101
I got Constantine too :five:

me too! what block and flat you 2 in?
Original post by Shazzabean
Anyone else doing biomed and/or staying at vanbrugh college? (I'm in eric milner-white court b!) :smile: :smile:

biomed for me too!
Original post by Zoe Disley
me too! what block and flat you 2 in?

Gingerbread's going to Durham now rather than York. I'm in Constantine though - C1, Flat 2, in case you happen to be the same! :smile:
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Gingerbread's going to Durham now rather than York. I'm in Constantine though - C1, Flat 2, in case you happen to be the same! :smile:

nope im b1 unfortunately but will probe see you around! :smile:
studying mathematics and economics, staying at student castle. anyone else??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending