The Student Room Group

dentistry

hiya I just wanted to ask if my gcse grades are enough to get in a uni for dentistry considering I only came to UK in November 2014 and game my exams the following year in only about the time of six months. Moreover due to limited time frame and English being my second language I wasn't allowed to do higher in my gcse English language. I am gonna add this info in my UCAS as well.English language: C Maths: B Science: B Additional science: B History: B Geograpy: B Urdu: A*
Reply 1
I have already done my AS and My predictions are A*AA, ARE THEY OKAY?
Original post by muniza67
hiya I just wanted to ask if my gcse grades are enough to get in a uni for dentistry considering I only came to UK in November 2014 and game my exams the following year in only about the time of six months. Moreover due to limited time frame and English being my second language I wasn't allowed to do higher in my gcse English language. I am gonna add this info in my UCAS as well.English language: C Maths: B Science: B Additional science: B History: B Geograpy: B Urdu: A*

You may be limiting your options a little with a C in English Language. It's not impossible to get into Dentistry but you will need to apply wisely. :yy:
Reply 3
Original post by usycool1
You may be limiting your options a little with a C in English Language. It's not impossible to get into Dentistry but you will need to apply wisely. :yy:

Thankyou so much for help. Could also please direct me a little to which unis would accept a C in English and which unis would I have the most chances to get in with the qualifications I have?
Original post by muniza67
Thankyou so much for help. Could also please direct me a little to which unis would accept a C in English and which unis would I have the most chances to get in with the qualifications I have?

I'm more clued up on Medicine rather than Dentistry applications, but have a look here to get an idea: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15907-dentistry-entry-requirements

Some may be out of date though, so be sure to check up with the Dental Schools too!
Reply 5
Original post by usycool1
I'm more clued up on Medicine rather than Dentistry applications, but have a look here to get an idea: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15907-dentistry-entry-requirements

Some may be out of date though, so be sure to check up with the Dental Schools too!

thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest