The Student Room Group

Good luck Brexiters

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Drewski
If you care so little and wish the UK "good riddance", why kick up so much of a fuss about it?

You're like the partner who's just been dumped who goes around telling everyone that you're fine. Honestly fine. Really fine. Perfectly ok....but then cries into your pillow every night.

Because every time I see an article like this, I am laughing at you lot :biggrin: schadenfreude ist die schönste freude :wink:
I voted to remain in the EU but this thread is very silly indeed.

Firstly when we leave the EU and make no mistake we will, everyone will be leaving so parading round as if you've won and they've lost is not something a mature person would do, if we get this wrong, everyone will suffer. More importantly I voted to remain on the good faith that as the newly assimilated Eastern European nations improve, the strain on our economy would lessen and we will prosper together, I don't think the UK needs to be in the EU to survive, I mean Jesus Christ boyo, Deutsche Bank is in a seriously bad state right now and Italy, their third largest economy is hardly a healthy economy, so there is very little they can do to make an example of us without going under themselves.

Lastly, the very notion that the EU needs to screw countries for leaving to prove the point that leaving the EU is bad for a nation-state doesn't particularly sell the project very well, I mean if the benefits were real they wouldn't need to engage in these passive-aggressive games just to illustrate how great they are, the benefits would be self-evident.
Reply 22
It is not necessarily about screwing Britain as much as not giving in to everything they want just to be nice.
Original post by alevelstresss
I went to berlin and I didnt see a single refugee, or Muslim

lol

Given that Berlin is 9% middle eastern and 3% Asian I find this very hard to believe, unless you spent the whole time inside.

(Not that fear of Muslims is an intelligent reason to vote leave)
Reply 24
Original post by RagingWhoreMoans
Given that Berlin is 9% middle eastern and 3% Asian I find this very hard to believe, unless you spent the whole time inside.

(Not that fear of Muslims is an intelligent reason to vote leave)

But are these 12% spread out or concentrated?

If he went to Neukölln I would be very surprised at that statement. If we went right into the city I would not be but maybe if he said he saw no Vietnamese. Which again speaks volumes about so-called integration.
Original post by inhuman
It is not necessarily about screwing Britain as much as not giving in to everything they want just to be nice.

Not giving the UK all the benefits of membership because it makes sense within the system set out by the EU I get, but actively undermining the UK to the detriment of the EU populace due to fears the French or Dutch might also decide to walk and you need to make an example is beyond pathetic, and to be honest, Britain as a nation is probably one of the most resilient and our national character is the most able go it alone and we will.

Germany will never get it because of the legacy of the Holy Roman Empire as well as the fact the Americans babysat their economy after WW2.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by RagingWhoreMoans
Not giving the UK all the benefits of membership because it makes sense within the system set out by the EU I get, but actively undermining the UK to the detriment of the EU populace due to fears the French or Dutch might also decide to walk and you need to make an example is beyond pathetic, and to be honest, Britain as a nation is probably one of the most resilient and our national character is the most able go it alone and we will.

Germany will never get it because of the legacy of the Holy Roman Empire as well as the fact the Americans babysat their economy after WW2.

I dare say those that braved leaving Europe behind for the New World are much more resilient than you.

And if that's what you think, as I said good luck :smile:
Original post by Dodgypirate
This just tells you what the EU is all about. Treating one of it's oldest friends like a sack of ****.

Not really.It just means that you cant have the benefits of being in the EU without some of the responsibilities. If you want access to the single market then dont expect to get it for free.
Reply 28
Lol we are all brexiters now after the referendum whether you like it or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carolinehj
A union where anyone who wants to leave gets stabbed in the back isn't a union you want to be in.

How are you being stabbed in the back? If you dont wnat to be in a group anymore, then thats fine but dont expect to enjoy all or any of the benefits without the responsibilities or paying for them.
Original post by inhuman
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37210138

Better luck with the "Anglosphere" I guess.

Who said we even have to accept joining single market if we dislike the deal?
Original post by carolinehj
Yeah, a friend. People are acting like due to this referendum the UK is turning its back on Europe which is so far from the truth. The only difference really is that we now make our own laws, and decide what to do with our taxpayers money. The UK has given so much to Europe over the decades, however the EU laws have ****ed up so many people's lives not only in the UK but in the whole of Europe. The UK has it's own problems to pay for, before paying for all of Europes problems as well. The union was a futile attempt at a common market and free movement, but guess what, the people don't like it.

Britain at least had the guts to ask it's people what they actually wanted, the other countries are afraid to. The European people aren't getting their say.

Which is fine, but dont expect the Europeans to roll over and giving things for free that everyone else pays for. If you wnat access to the single market like Norway or Switzerland then you will have to pay for it. Europes actually flourished under the EU so I dont see them breaking up any time soon.
Reply 32
Original post by ckfeister
Who said we even have to accept joining single market if we dislike the deal?

As I said here or in another thread, good luck in the Anglosphere.
In this video

Tyson Fury would be the Brexiter.

Wladimir Klitschko would be the Remainer.

[video="youtube;buU5V-TFl64"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buU5V-TFl64[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by catinsomehat
So basically they're saying that they want to make sure Britain is hurt and to make an example of it so other people won't want to leave.

No - one politician in Germany, Sigmar Gabriel, in an interview expressed such views. One politician in Germany is not the same as EU policy. Although to be fair, me makes a reasonable point.
Original post by inhuman
Which is what the EU already hinted at before the referendum, which is what many people said would happen.

And which makes sense, they do need to set an example.

if the EU is an organisation that would do something as economically illiberal as this, why would we ever want to be a part of it...?
Reply 36
Original post by sleepysnooze
if the EU is an organisation that would do something as economically illiberal as this, why would we ever want to be a part of it...?

You aren't anymore, so well done.
Reply 37
Original post by Naveed-7
In this video

Tyson Fury would be the Brexiter.

Wladimir Klitschko would be the Remainer.

[video="youtube;buU5V-TFl64"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buU5V-TFl64[/video]

Doper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending