The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Temporary Hotel accommodation

Hi, I'm starting at the University of Reading in September and have just received an email saying that I have not been given accommodation on campus. I have decided to go into temporary hotel accommodation. I was just wondering if anyone is in the same position as me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I'm in the same boat, annoyingly. There's a lot of house/flat shares available right near Reading though that i've been browsing through. Try Rightmove students. They offered me incredibly expensive accommodation and now i'm on the waiting list
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
In the same situation. Im not too sure what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im in the same situation. I really bope i will end up getting an on campus accommodation if not its commuting from London to reading for me
I did a campus tour with some prospective students and the Accommodation Officer did inform my group that allocation Halls certainly is possible.

Please do browse the RUSU Finding Accommodation Page for tips https://www.rusu.co.uk/advice/housing_advice/findingaccomodation/#home

I hope this helps :smile:

Mark
2nd Year Accounting and Management
Does anyone know exactly where the is hotel exactly? Is it on campus? Thanks for the help :smile:
Original post by WaywardWriter
Does anyone know exactly where the is hotel exactly? Is it on campus? Thanks for the help :smile:

If it's Cedars then it's on Campus above the Santander Bank :smile:

Mark
2nd Year Accounting and Management
Also have just applied for temporary hotel accommodation, does anyone know what happens if spaces in halls don't become available? Do you have to then try and find a house in the private sector?
Reply 8
Original post by chloelouise123
Also have just applied for temporary hotel accommodation, does anyone know what happens if spaces in halls don't become available? Do you have to then try and find a house in the private sector?

Yeah I think we would have to find a house in the private sector. But I think the university would help us do this.
Anyone here willing to share private accommodation close to campus?
Original post by stefi123
Yeah I think we would have to find a house in the private sector. But I think the university would help us do this.

I called up today and the lady on the phone said everyone who got hotel accom last year was moved into uni halls within 10 days, just depends on whether we get hotel accom now lmao
I called up today and the lady on the phone said everyone who got hotel accom last year was moved into uni halls within 10 days, just depends on whether we get hotel accom now lmao

Thats good then. Did she say what happens to the people who apply for hotel accommodation but don't get it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats good then. Did she say what happens to the people who apply for hotel accommodation but don't get it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah those people will have to start looking for private accommodation:frown:
Yeah those people will have to start looking for private accommodation:frown:

Oh wow, I hope we get hotel accommodation then! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I'm in the same boat too guys i'm staying in temporary hotel accommodation if they accept my application
Reply 15
Original post by benjo59
Anyone here willing to share private accommodation close to campus?

I would if hotel accommodation not available
Original post by stefi123
Hi, I'm starting at the University of Reading in September and have just received an email saying that I have not been given accommodation on campus. I have decided to go into temporary hotel accommodation. I was just wondering if anyone is in the same position as me?

Hey,

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here.

If you’re still looking for en suite accommodation you might want to check out Central Studios Reading. We’re a student accommodation building in Reading town centre offering all inclusive studio apartments for students you would have your own kitchenette, living area and en suite bathroom.!

Our students are all very sociable and we always hold social events as well (you can see these on our Facebook (www.facebook.com/CentralStudiosReading), so you would get the feeling of Uni halls but with more private space!

If you’re interested, take a look at www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/reading. Or get in touch - [email protected]. uk

Michael @ CSReading
I got hotel accommodation, now what?
Reply 18
I got hotel accommodation, now what?

I've got it too!!!!! i think we move in and within two weeks we are offered halls or at the very most three weeks, wee accept this offer and then have halls unless you choose private instead, I vote we all meet up once we are at the hotels as otherwise we'll kinda be out the social loop as not in halls?
Original post by Misomia
I've got it too!!!!! i think we move in and within two weeks we are offered halls or at the very most three weeks, wee accept this offer and then have halls unless you choose private instead, I vote we all meet up once we are at the hotels as otherwise we'll kinda be out the social loop as not in halls?

Yeah definetly but i was reading the email and there appears to be three different hotels you can be placed in :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending