The Student Room Group

student finance

Hello, I am a british citizen by birth and i have been abroad for the last 4yrs as my parents worked abroad and just finished my A levels abroad.

I have returned to the UK, Can i apply for student finance as a home student for next year 2024 september intake.
Original post by annabol
Hello, I am a british citizen by birth and i have been abroad for the last 4yrs as my parents worked abroad and just finished my A levels abroad.

I have returned to the UK, Can i apply for student finance as a home student for next year 2024 september intake.

Hi annabol,

Can you confirm where you have been residing and the nature of the move abroad? Were you abroad with the intention of returning to the UK (Temporary employment/accommodation etc)?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Thank you. I have been residing in zimbabwe and my mum got a job over there temporarly and i could not be here on my own so we temporarily moved now we back in the uk
Original post by annabol
Thank you. I have been residing in zimbabwe and my mum got a job over there temporarly and i could not be here on my own so we temporarily moved now we back in the uk

Hi annabol,

Thank you for confirming. You would need to provide a cover letter explaining the circumstances along with evidence of this such as temporary accommodation/employment documents. You need to send this via the below address.

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
thank you. would this mean i can be assessed for being a home student and is there any other information you require.
Original post by annabol
thank you. would this mean i can be assessed for being a home student and is there any other information you require.

Hi Annabol,

Yes, you would just apply as normal then you can provide the evidence of your temporary absence.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending