The Student Room Group

Accommodation

I will be joining City University of London this September.
I am really confused that whether to choose accommodation before landing to UK or to take hotel for a week and then find the accommodation ?
Reply 1
i think this depends on your financial situation
if you find it before you land the you would avoid the expenses of hotel (hotels in central london are rather expensive)
on the other hand if you find it once you’re there then you may find cheaper once that you wouldn’t be able to find before but as you will want to move in to a place of accommodation at a shorter notice, finding accommodation may be difficult making it a bit risky
if i were you i would find accommodation before i land and if i find anything significantly better in a couple months of living there, i would move
Original post by MohdTalib
I will be joining City University of London this September.
I am really confused that whether to choose accommodation before landing to UK or to take hotel for a week and then find the accommodation ?

Hi there,
I would definitely recommend looking for accommodation before you arrive in the UK. While there may be accommodation left by the time you arrive, there will be more choice the earlier that you look. It can also take time for your accommodation to be secured. For example, you may need to submit guarantor documents, sign a contract etc.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending