The Student Room Group

Credit Suisse - Steps To Success 2017

Thinking of applying for this, however I have a few questions that anyone else applying/those knowledgable would be able to answer.

1) what do they class as 'underprivileged' or/and from a 'underrepresented' background? Similar criteria for the Sutton Trust?

2) the online application form is more orientated for undergraduates rather than those who are still doing A-levels, despite the scheme being for us... any help here?!

3) has anyone else done this here? If so how competitive was it? Did you enjoy it and was it valuable?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestg
Thinking of applying for this, however I have a few questions that anyone else applying/those knowledgable would be able to answer.

1) what do they class as 'underprivileged' or/and from a 'underrepresented' background? Similar criteria for the Sutton Trust?

2) the online application form is more orientated for undergraduates rather than those who are still doing A-levels, despite the scheme being for us... any help here?!

3) has anyone else done this here? If so how competitive was it? Did you enjoy it and was it valuable?

1) Yes. First-gen, free school meals, state school or scholarship to fee paying school etc

2) Doesn't really matter which way it's 'oriented', firms use a common recruitment system for all programmes. Just input the relevant information that is required of you

3) Didn't get through to the first round because of tests, but I know someone who has gotten to the final round (if you do, you get a spring week offer), assessment centre and tangentially someone who has been successful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying for this too, if you are successful, how many years of tuition fees does CS pay for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
Applying for this too, if you are successful, how many years of tuition fees does CS pay for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whole degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Princepieman
1) Yes. First-gen, free school meals, state school or scholarship to fee paying school etc

2) Doesn't really matter which way it's 'oriented', firms use a common recruitment system for all programmes. Just input the relevant information that is required of you

3) Didn't get through to the first round because of tests, but I know someone who has gotten to the final round (if you do, you get a spring week offer), assessment centre and tangentially someone who has been successful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers!

Any degree?
Original post by jamestg
Any degree?

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow that's great, any idea on how competitive it is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I am applying for this as well. Good luck everyone!
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
Wow that's great, any idea on how competitive it is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Extremely competitive, but no need to get discouraged by my giving out statistics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many rounds are there? Is it cv, tests, interview, assessment centre and a final interview?
Original post by Trapz99
How many rounds are there? Is it cv, tests, interview, assessment centre and a final interview?

Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

Obviously it's not IB, but would my PwC work experience be beneficial?

sorry for what seems like a really stupid question, but is going to a fairly average state school 'underrepresented' enough to qualify for this program?
Original post by jamestg

Probably.
Original post by jamestg

Any experience is beneficial if displayed well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by richpanda
sorry for what seems like a really stupid question, but is going to a fairly average state school 'underrepresented' enough to qualify for this program?

I thought unrepresentative was FSM, First generation uni and schools where the pass rate is sub 40%
What are the first round tests like?
Original post by Ze Witcher
What are the first round tests like?

Doable, just the time restraint is a bit tough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doable, just the time restraint is a bit tough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it a general 'verbal reasoning, a bit of math sort of test?
Original post by Ze Witcher
Is it a general 'verbal reasoning, a bit of math sort of test?

numerical test then verbal reasoning test

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending