The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Apparently loads of us are coming 1st. I think this tells us that we drafted well across the board, these matchups are going to be pretty tight each week until the injuries start to uneven the playing field. Combined with the fact that 9-5 wins the division and 4-10 comes last according to the metrics I think this is going to be a quality season.
I usually lose at least one of my top picks to injury or goddell.
Original post by Wattsy
Apparently loads of us are coming 1st. I think this tells us that we drafted well across the board, these matchups are going to be pretty tight each week until the injuries start to uneven the playing field. Combined with the fact that 9-5 wins the division and 4-10 comes last according to the metrics I think this is going to be a quality season.

I mean let's be real here, the metrics are completely 100% made up.
Reply 103
Original post by SmashConcept
I mean let's be real here, the metrics are completely 100% made up.

Of course they are but they are made up based on existing data. As much as you can't predict touchdown scorers with any great accuracy they are occasionally useful if you're stuck on who to start in a particular week.
That feel when you want to pick up someone off the waiver wire but don't want to drop any of your current players...

Also, they have potential for a big first game but would I even risk starting them?
Hmm, in another league I have WR1 nailed on but:

DeSean Jackson, Emmanuel Sanders or Randall Cobb as WR2?
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

I'd take DJax for week 1 and go from there. I will trust the Broncos QB when I see it, and after having Rodgers last year I kind of hate Green Bay receivers.
Reply 107
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

I'd have Jackson as touchdown dependent as he will be the Steelers defence is full of holes. Jags secondary is supposed to be better this year but it might take a while to come together so Cobb is probably going to be worth like 8.00 unless he scores a TD. Sanders is playing the Panthers very useful D, even without Josh Norman that is going to be good this year.
On my secondary team in another league, i just picked up Josh Gordon of waivers (or at least requested him from waivers), the problem is who to drop as i have got a very stacked WR core in that league: AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Larry Fitzgerald, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate and Willie Snead

EDIT: also, according the NFL players page, in 9% of leagues, Tony Romo is a starting QB and 41.2% have LeVeon Bell starting the first week.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Monkey_Pete
On my secondary team in another league, i just picked up Josh Gordon of waivers (or at least requested him from waivers), the problem is who to drop as i have got a very stacked WR core in that league: AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Larry Fitzgerald, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate and Willie Snead

EDIT: also, according the NFL players page, in 9% of leagues, Tony Romo is a starting QB and 41.2% have LeVeon Bell starting the first week.

Well Marvin Jones has just under 100 more yards in his career than Josh Gordon had in 14 games catching passes from Brandon Weeden, so he's the obvious choice but you could also cut Snead or Cooks. I mean week to week you're starting Green and DT with Tate and Fitz as flex options if you don't have a RB. In what situation do you honestly want to gamble on which receiver Brees targets most that week? Cos you're never starting both of them unless all your players go down.

If they drafted Bell in the first few rounds (which they did) he will be a starter by default, so I think that mostly means that people are waiting until game day to set their lineups.

But yeah it does kind of make you wonder what the point in ADP is if the "average" fantasy player has no idea what is going on.
Well Marvin Jones has just under 100 more yards in his career than Josh Gordon had in 14 games catching passes from Brandon Weeden, so he's the obvious choice but you could also cut Snead or Cooks. I mean week to week you're starting Green and DT with Tate and Fitz as flex options if you don't have a RB. In what situation do you honestly want to gamble on which receiver Brees targets most that week? Cos you're never starting both of them unless all your players go down.

I did drop Marvin Jones for him in the end, and the waiver has gone through now :smile:

Then in a moment of madness, i dropped Tate as well for James White who i have started
Who is James White? You mean Kevin White?
I love Tate this week. I think he's money.
Hopefully the jets game this week is a good one and forte scores me some points
Reply 115
I need the Panthers to be a 3-7 type of slugfest or full of Trevor Siemian turn overs.
Who is James White? You mean Kevin White?

Nope, James White, RB2 for Patriots who will be their pass catching back, who is anticipated to have a strong week against Arizona. I am starting him against you in the TSR league :smile:
Cj Anderson smashed it!

A very respectable start to my TSR fantasy football season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i need to stop tinkering! it is like a compulsion at this point
Reply 119
i need to stop tinkering! it is like a compulsion at this point

Trust your draft! At least until people have started scoring points anyway, after that then tinker away.

Quick Reply

Latest