The Student Room Group

Is it wrong to get pleasure from this?

I used to remember some really horrible people in my life who were unpleasant to me. After some Facebook searching I've found out most of them go to polytechnics or low ranked universities or are working in retail. Whereas I'm heading to a Russell Group and have a clear career in mind. This is immensely satisfying to me.

Is it bad to feel this way? I always did believe in karma.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DraculaMihawk
I used to remember some really horrible people in my life who were unpleasant to me. After some Facebook searching I've found out most of them go to polytechnics or low ranked universities or are working in retail. Whereas I'm heading to a Russell Group and have a clear career in mind. This is immensely satisfying to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol its okay, success is the best revenge

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel that where they ended up now is a reflection of the amount of work they put into their futures. If they had spent most of their time at school being generally horrible and not putting that energy into more useful things, like studying or volunteering etc then that's what they get. They've done this to themselves basically, and no it's not wrong to feel this way.
Original post by amelienine
I feel that where they ended up now is a reflection of the amount of work they put into their futures. If they had spent most of their time at school being generally horrible and not putting that energy into more useful things, like studying or volunteering etc then that's what they get. They've done this to themselves basically, and no it's not wrong to feel this way.

That might be true. I used to remember some of them would laugh at me for reading a book during register time in the morning. Now the jokes on them I guess. I do wonder what will become of these people in the future. It's a morbid curiosity of sort I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That might be true. I used to remember some of them would laugh at me for reading a book during register time in the morning. Now the jokes on them I guess. I do wonder what will become of these people in the future. It's a morbid curiosity of sort I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I know how you feel, I went to a boarding school and pretty much cried half of my time there because a lot of the girls were horrible, and I didn't have very many friends, especially in my first few years. I was feeling pretty demotivated and didn't have any 'drive' to study in the beginning, leading to poor exam results and a lot of them made fun of me because of that.
But I worked really hard for my GSCEs and ended up with straight As, I also worked hard for AS and got straight As for that as well. A lot of the horrid girls changed schools before GCSEs but they messaged me to wish me congratulations on my results...
Reply 5
No, bask in the glory my friend.

Haters gonna hate
Original post by amelienine
Yes I know how you feel, I went to a boarding school and pretty much cried half of my time there because a lot of the girls were horrible, and I didn't have very many friends, especially in my first few years. I was feeling pretty demotivated and didn't have any 'drive' to study in the beginning, leading to poor exam results and a lot of them made fun of me because of that.
But I worked really hard for my GSCEs and ended up with straight As, I also worked hard for AS and got straight As for that as well. A lot of the horrid girls changed schools before GCSEs but they messaged me to wish me congratulations on my results...

How fake of them. Some of them have also tried being friendly with me recently and now I just avoid them. University is a brand new start so it's great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest