The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

open university

I was thinking of taking an open university course in English language and English literature. I wanted to know if the credits gained from taking this course would get me into the UCL institute of archaeology? Do they accept open university credits and does it matter if I don't have GCSE's or A levels? Thank you.
Reply 1
There are no formal entry requirements, so it shouldn't matter that you don't have GCSEs or A Levels. I would order a prospectus and have a look through it. As far as I'm aware, you should be able to use the credits to get into another university. The course takes 6 years, I think. Maybe check the UCL Institute of Archeology to see what they accept? If it doesn't say, maybe give them a call or send an email?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by blondyface
I was thinking of taking an open university course in English language and English literature. I wanted to know if the credits gained from taking this course would get me into the UCL institute of archaeology? Do they accept open university credits and does it matter if I don't have GCSE's or A levels? Thank you.

You would need to ask UCL.

Though be aware that for every year you spend studying with the OU (irrespective of how many credits you study in a year), you will lose 1 year of full time funding if you intend to fund your new degree with Student Finance.

Quick Reply

Latest