The Student Room Group

not a clue what course to do at uni :))))))

Okay, I don't know what I want to study at uni yet and I need to start choosing very soon. In my AS levels I got an A in geography, an A in psychology and a D in maths - i also take a pre-u in philosophy and theology but we didn't do an exam in that this year. I've dropped maths so i am only taking forward geography, psychology and rs. i am doing and EPQ too on the death penalty as i am interested in crime and law. However, my parents don't think that i am focused enough to do law which has crushed my original idea of maybe doing law and criminology.
If you have any ideas of courses that i could choose from, please let me know as it would help me a lot!! :smile:
Original post by isabellap98
Okay, I don't know what I want to study at uni yet and I need to start choosing very soon. In my AS levels I got an A in geography, an A in psychology and a D in maths - i also take a pre-u in philosophy and theology but we didn't do an exam in that this year. I've dropped maths so i am only taking forward geography, psychology and rs. i am doing and EPQ too on the death penalty as i am interested in crime and law. However, my parents don't think that i am focused enough to do law which has crushed my original idea of maybe doing law and criminology.
If you have any ideas of courses that i could choose from, please let me know as it would help me a lot!! :smile:

Try picking up some books on those subjects, you've left it quite late though to do much reading before finishing applications. It sounds like you've got an interest in criminology, and maybe want to do law as it is a much more employable degree? If you wanna do something that still focuses on social policy like criminology you could do a combined social science degree https://www.dur.ac.uk/chss/ and then study a variety of things.

Quick Reply

Latest