The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Bus passes?

Hey, I was wondering what the cheapest bus pass price is? And what everyone else is doing for travel around Hull? I'm staying in the courtyard so we don't get free bus passes
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Misty brown
Hey, I was wondering what the cheapest bus pass price is? And what everyone else is doing for travel around Hull? I'm staying in the courtyard so we don't get free bus passes

I'd possibly recommend you getting a 20% Discount Card. It's free and how it works is that you put money on it and then when you get on an EYMS bus, you pay using money from your card not with cash and it gives you a 20% discount. It is valid on any EYMS bus (except late night buses). You can top up the card with money when getting on any EYMS bus and it doesn't even need to be whole amounts, you could top it up by 20p if your just a little short of what you need.

LINK
(edited 7 years ago)
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Midnight Star
I'd possibly recommend you getting a 20% Discount Card. It's free and how it works is that you put money on it and then when you get on an EYMS bus, you pay using money from your card not with cash and it gives you a 20% discount. It is valid on any EYMS bus (except late night buses). You can top up the card with money when getting on any EYMS bus and it doesn't even need to be whole amounts, you could top it up by 20p if your just a little short of what you need.

LINK

To anyone reading this who will be living in the Lawns or Thwaite, I would highly recommend you getting a semester card instead. This may seem expensive (£275 for whole year, £145 for semester 1) but trust me you'll be going on the bus like twice a day and it ends up being really worth it. It will cost you a lot more if you don't get it. I found when I lived in the Lawns that nearly everyone who didn't think they needed one, gave in and bought one after a few weeks. This basically gives you unlimited travel on EYMS buses in Hull and Cottingham. This probably isn't worth it for people living in the Courtyard though. I know the uni has offered this to students living in the Lawns as part of their rent before but I don't know if this is still the case, if it is you lucky buggers can ignore this.

LINK

Thanks a lot! That sounds like a pretty good deal, i'll check it out
Reply 3
Original post by Misty brown
Thanks a lot! That sounds like a pretty good deal, i'll check it out

if your in lawns you get a free buss pass

Quick Reply

Latest