The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering vs Chemical and Energy Engineering

Hi guys,

I just want to know what are the differences between both of them? The university's website has pretty much the same information for both courses, so was unsure.

Thanks,
asinghj
Original post by asinghj
Hi guys,

I just want to know what are the differences between both of them? The university's website has pretty much the same information for both courses, so was unsure.

Thanks,
asinghj

Which university are you looking at and I may be able to help offer some more insight?
Reply 2
Original post by ChemEngGrad
Which university are you looking at and I may be able to help offer some more insight?

Manchester mainly but also leeds
The first year is likely to be the same. When chemical engineering students may have optional modules, energy students will have to do energy specific modules. But most of the content will be the same.
Original post by Dusky Mauve
The first year is likely to be the same. When chemical engineering students may have optional modules, energy students will have to do energy specific modules. But most of the content will be the same.

Original post by asinghj
Manchester mainly but also leeds

Have looked into both courses, Manchester's doesn't sound like there's any real difference to Chemical Engineering aside from the option to choose modules in 4th year.

I know at Leeds you had to do an energy related design project and a few different modules but from an application side of things there's really no difference either way. It really didn't matter if you'd applied for the energy stream or not, on whether you actually did it.
Oh, and if you apply for one and get on it, then change your mind once you are there it'll be easy to change.
Reply 6
Original post by Dusky Mauve

Original post by ChemEngGrad

Thanks both of you.

Quick Reply

Latest