The Student Room Group

Uni course transfer

How easy is it to transfer course choices? I have received offers for aerospace engineering from Bristol etc. and waiting to hear from bath, but starting to wish I applied for chemical engineering at bath instead. How easily can this be changed now?
Ring up bath and ask them.
Original post by htimsxam
How easy is it to transfer course choices? I have received offers for aerospace engineering from Bristol etc. and waiting to hear from bath, but starting to wish I applied for chemical engineering at bath instead. How easily can this be changed now?

Hey there ,
The switch depends entirely on your university and the space available in the course you are interested in switching to. I would advise you to get in touch with the admissions team as you as you can once you have an offer to see if you can make the switch.
At DMU if the courses have the same or similar entry requirements and your grades allow you to make the switch , and if the course has space available the admissions team does their best in supporting students to make the switch if possible.
I assume this will be the case at other universities or a similar system will be in place.
I hope this helps and feel free to ask me anymore questions.
Cece
Energy Engineering Student
De Montfort University
Original post by De Montfort University
Hey there ,
The switch depends entirely on your university and the space available in the course you are interested in switching to. I would advise you to get in touch with the admissions team as you as you can once you have an offer to see if you can make the switch.
At DMU if the courses have the same or similar entry requirements and your grades allow you to make the switch , and if the course has space available the admissions team does their best in supporting students to make the switch if possible.
I assume this will be the case at other universities or a similar system will be in place.
I hope this helps and feel free to ask me anymore questions.
Cece
Energy Engineering Student
De Montfort University

OP shouldn’t wait until they have an offer. They should ask by ringing as soon as they are free during work hours
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies guys! Bath have told me that if I send them a new personal statement they will consider me for Chemical Engineering instead 🙂 thanks again!
Original post by htimsxam
Thanks for the replies guys! Bath have told me that if I send them a new personal statement they will consider me for Chemical Engineering instead 🙂 thanks again!

Great news!
thanks for the update and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest