The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

How long for university to approve 18+ oyster ?

Have any of you applied for an 18+ oyster and has it been approved yet? I'm not sure if it gets approved after we actually go in for registration or not
Oysters dont work for hertfordshire buses :redface:
You'd need to buy a ticket, there are student ticket they you can pay monthly, weekly, daily etc!!

I still havent applied for mine though :tongue:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by FemaleBo55
Oysters dont work for hertfordshire buses :redface:
You'd need to buy a ticket, there are student ticket they you can pay monthly, weekly, daily etc!!

I still havent applied for mine though :tongue:

The thing is I need to travel to the university by I'm living at home. anyway it turns out it I can in fact get an 18+ oyster but I have to be fully registered I.e. get my ID etc. :tongue:
Original post by Ashaibrahim5
The thing is I need to travel to the university by I'm living at home. anyway it turns out it I can in fact get an 18+ oyster but I have to be fully registered I.e. get my ID etc. :tongue:

Really? I havent applied yet, I thought a passport with date of birth was enough??

What course you applied for? :redface:
Original post by FemaleBo55
Really? I havent applied yet, I thought a passport with date of birth was enough??

What course you applied for? :redface:

no the passport is enough for the actual oyster but before they send it the university need to confirm that I'm an actual student. and I applied to radiography :h:
no the passport is enough for the actual oyster but before they send it the university need to confirm that I'm an actual student. and I applied to radiography :h:

Ohhh right that makes sense lol.

Awwwww i applied for biomed!! :tongue:
Hatfield will be on oyster network with regards to trains by like 2018

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lukeisfantasy
Hatfield will be on oyster network with regards to trains by like 2018

Posted from TSR Mobile

so a while to go :redface:
Have any of you applied for an 18+ oyster and has it been approved yet? I'm not sure if it gets approved after we actually go in for registration or not

I applied my oyster yesterday and its been approved already :smile:. I just need it cause I live in london and need to get to kings cross so that I can buy rail ticket to hatfiel railway station.

I really think UNO need to step up their game and make their 'own' contactless card like the oyster so that I do not need to have to pay 1 pound all the time!!!!! I always have notes on me - and for some odd reason, they do not have any change to give when I see a bunch of students paying one pound coins all the time!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Light Venom
I applied my oyster yesterday and its been approved already :smile:. I just need it cause I live in london and need to get to kings cross so that I can buy rail ticket to hatfiel railway station.

I really think UNO need to step up their game and make their 'own' contactless card like the oyster so that I do not need to have to pay 1 pound all the time!!!!! I always have notes on me - and for some odd reason, they do not have any change to give when I see a bunch of students paying one pound coins all the time!!!!!!!!!!

:frown: Paperless mobile ticketing travel is already here: for further info go to www.unobus.info and or the Hertfordshire County Council travel site www.intalink.org.uk /services /mobile ticketing app ( there is a direct link from the UNO site)

There is a move in Hertfordshire to have cashless travel completely on all the buses as in London, making life so much easier for everybody, but unlike London which has one controlling body ie. TfL, Hertfordshire transport, like just about everywhere outside London is deregulated and fragmented, so organising anything like this means many more legal and administrative hurdles between the various bus companies and other factions have to be overcome. Hopefully, when the Buses Bill now going through Parliament becomes law, the Government in the bill having acknowledged this can be a problem in the provinces, and is one of the disadvantages that has shown through as a result of the bus deregulation act of 1985, the transport integration process will be more straight forward. Incidentally, TfL have taken over the Hertford East to Liverpool St. line, and have made vast improvements both to the service and fare structure in the short time they have done so.

As Luke says, the Oyster will become valid at least for rail from May 2018 at the start of the new cross London services from Hatfield ( originally intended to be done as phase one of the Thameslink project back in 2000!). For the more technically minded, the new link up to the Thameslink line at St. Pancras can be seen on the approach coming from Holloway to King`s Cross Station at Copenhagen junction between Copenhagen & Gasworks tunnels and just south of the High Speed / Overground bridges.

Re. change on the buses: in spite of what some folk think, drivers have no obligation to carry a large float of change at the start of their duty although many do: so if paying as you go try to think ahead and ensure you have some small change - six students, say separately asking for a £1 fare with £10 & £20 notes at the start of a service will soon deplete any float the driver starts off with !

One more reason to try mobile ticketing.....

Comments anyone?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending