The Student Room Group

examination

what do you do on first uni examination?
Original post by Gideon Ameyaw

Doesn't really give much information... what you do mean??
On your first mathematics in uni what do you do?
Reply 3
On your first mathematics in uni what do you do?

Every uni can set its own syllabus and exam topics. You can look up the syllabus online. The first year exams can cover any topics you've studied during your first year. You may have exams once or twice a year (May/June only or January and May/June).*
I mean how do you deal with emotions you get enveloped into - how do you get away with anxious thoughts.

Hello :smile:,

Your post is fairly limited in the information you've provided. I've had a read through of the thread and saw your last post and I've saw you're talking about 'anxious thoughts' so I assume you are asking "How do you deal with your first university examination?" in regards to the stress and anxiety that could be developed building up to it. If this is the case;

Know your limits and don't work yourself too hard. Take time for yourself!
Take regular study breaks.
Plan out your study timetable.
Create a plan of what you want to do.

Just know what you can do and only push yourself so far! Also, try not to panic, you'll be fine!

Good luck :smile:

Well on my very very very first test I panicked because I hadn't revised although to be fair it was the first day of freshers week no one had a chance and it was "just to see where you are I got about 40% which I thought was ok as I suck at math and again hadn't revised and my tutor left midway through saying his dad was dieing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I mean how do you deal with emotions you get enveloped into - how do you get away with anxious thoughts.

99% of students feel anxious about exams - I hated them. But you just have to get on with them and ultimately you need to focus on getting through them. The best way is to revise as thoroughly as you can and prepare as much as possible.
Original post by Klix88
99% of students feel anxious about exams - I hated them. But you just have to get on with them and ultimately you need to focus on getting through them. The best way is to revise as thoroughly as you can and prepare as much as possible.

My process was to have a little panic before i wrote anything grab your head have a little kick under the desk then deep breath a little weird i know then think right what can I do ...
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending