The Student Room Group

3 A levels in one day

Hi, I’ve just seen my timetable for 2024 and across 2 exam boards I have three exams in one day: History, Maths and Physics. The total time is 6 hours 15 minutes. Does anyone know if that’s allowed?
Original post by Lucethegoose
Hi, I’ve just seen my timetable for 2024 and across 2 exam boards I have three exams in one day: History, Maths and Physics. The total time is 6 hours 15 minutes. Does anyone know if that’s allowed?

See https://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/online-forms/guidance-notes-for-overnight-supervision-of-candidates-with-a-timetable-variation/

It is allowed, yes.

Your school can apply for special consideration on your behalf (details of the rules are here) which will be in the form of a 2% "allowance on the last paper taken in a day when a candidate has been entered for three or more examinations timetabled for the same day and the total duration of those papers is more than 5 hours 30 minutes (GCSE, Level 1 and Level 2 examinations) or more than 6 hours (GCE and Level 3 examinations).

Alternatively, you can go down the "overnight supervision of candidates with a timetable variation" route which @BankaiGintoki references above.
Reply 3

JCQ says “If the total duration of three or more examinations to be taken in one day is more than 6 hours for GCE examinations (AS, A2, A-level), centres may wish to arrange overnight supervision. However, the candidate should be offered the opportunity to sit all the examinations on the scheduled day.”

Quick Reply

Latest