The Student Room Group

Adding A Levels and GCSE's to Common APp

Hi Guys,

So I'm in the middle of my Common App how should I put A Level Grades as it is not an option on the common app. After reading some previous posts, I saw that I should click and option saying:
Is promotion within your educational system based upon standard leaving examinations given at the end of lower and/or senior secondary school by a state or national leaving examinations board?
I can't find this option at all on the common app can someone help me?

Also, how would I calculate GPA as an international applicant, and where do I put my GCSE Grades?

Thanks
Hi, for the question about leaving exams you should probably put yes, and your grades should be reported by your councillor. If you have any other questions just send me a message!
A Level predicted grades can be added under 'Secondary School Leaving Examinations' but need to be reported again under your transcript anyway. GCSEs go on your transcript.

Transcript is also known as 'School Report'/'Secondary School Report'.

The 'Secondary School Leaving Examinations' section is found under 'Testing' in the Common App categories. You need to answer yes to the 'promotion in your school system' question under 'Tests Taken' of that category which will unlock the 'Secondary School Leaving Examinations' section. Make sure you choose 'Predicted' for Score Type.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CloakedSpartan
A Level predicted grades can be added under 'Secondary School Leaving Examinations' but need to be reported again under your transcript anyway. GCSEs go on your transcript.

The 'Secondary School Leaving Examinations' section is found under 'Testing' in the Common App categories. You need to answer yes to the 'promotion in your school system' question under 'Tests Taken' of that category which will unlock the 'Secondary School Leaving Examinations' section. Make sure you choose 'Predicted' for Score Type.

This is so clear and helpful. Thank you very much
Original post by goofy_789
This is so clear and helpful. Thank you very much

I'd actually recommend not putting your predicted A-Level grades on your CommonApp if you're in Year 13. They will go in your transcript.

Notice how it asks how many you have already taken. Not how many you will take.

Original post by CloakedSpartan

Omggg this helped me soo much thank yous

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending