The Student Room Group

underpaid after i left my job

yesterday i got paid from tesco but was underpaid by at least £100 and as i have gone back to university i can't go there to ask about it. I don't have any contact information for the place and the phone number on google is not in use. As it is a fulfilment centre and there aren't customers directly going into the store i think it's much harder to contact and on the tesco store list it doesn't even come up. also there is no contact information on the payslip.

does anyone have any ideas on how i can contact them and try and get my query looked in to?
Original post by kaksdhi
yesterday i got paid from tesco but was underpaid by at least £100 and as i have gone back to university i can't go there to ask about it. I don't have any contact information for the place and the phone number on google is not in use. As it is a fulfilment centre and there aren't customers directly going into the store i think it's much harder to contact and on the tesco store list it doesn't even come up. also there is no contact information on the payslip.

does anyone have any ideas on how i can contact them and try and get my query looked in to?

Have you got an address for the place that you can write to? If so then write to them and ask them.
Chances are you have took more holidays than entitled therefore you get money deducted.
Reply 3
i managed to find an email address but they're taking their time to reply

and i still had holiday left so that's definitely not the case as i didn't even take any holiday the last month i was there
Original post by kaksdhi

and i still had holiday left so that's definitely not the case as i didn't even take any holiday the last month i was there

Neither of those mean you hadn't taken more holiday though. Say you have 24 days holiday per year, if you take 20 days in the first 4 months, then none for the next 4 months, then leave - you have only worked there for 8 months, so are only entitled to 8/12ths of 24 or 16 days' leave, so you owe the company 4 days. They will take the equivalent of 4 days pay out of your final pay packet.
Reply 5
Original post by threeportdrift
Neither of those mean you hadn't taken more holiday though. Say you have 24 days holiday per year, if you take 20 days in the first 4 months, then none for the next 4 months, then leave - you have only worked there for 8 months, so are only entitled to 8/12ths of 24 or 16 days' leave, so you owe the company 4 days. They will take the equivalent of 4 days pay out of your final pay packet.

but that's not the case as i didn't take almost as much holiday as i was allowed to take and on the bottom of my payslips it always said how much holiday i had earned, taken and how much was left so it's incredibly unlikely that this is the problem.
Original post by IdiotStudent
Chances are you have took more holidays than entitled therefore you get money deducted.

How do you come to that conclusion? Underpayments happen all the time at workplaces, its not uncommon and is not always anything to do with the employee themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending