The Student Room Group

did you have a happy sixth form experience?

Scroll to see replies

haha but seriously, Sixth form was by far the most miserable 2 years of my life.
I enjoy it.
I'm in year 13 currently, and in all honesty? I hate sixth form. My mum passed away in January, which isn't the reason for me not enjoying it, but since then my anxiety and emotions get the better of me when I'm stressed. The teachers forget that I'm still grieving and have no clue how to approach mental health. Bit **** tbh
The free periods weren't bad.
I was gonna post a positive comment (even tho I flopped my first year) but after reading these comments... Nvm
Yes :smile:
Sixth form is what you make of it. It's alright to me so far. I've made friends who are as ambitious as me or more ambitious than me. It helps to cut the tension in the atmosphere and also have people to eat lunch with, instead of eating by myself.
Not really cos my head of sixth form didn't let me change subject so had to be miserable for a year.
Jerez I hated sixth form so much. Made me depressed and anxious. I hated it from about 2 months in and knew I wasn't going to do good in my exams. The teachers were not supportive at all. They even said they knew 80% of us will fail. Its a shame because the place I went was an awesome secondary school, but as a sixth form they were rubbish. I ended up failing my first year. Well I passed but with really low grades. So I went to a proper college instead and before I knew it, I was back on track. I say if you hate sixth form and have a strong feeling you're gonna fail, follow your instincts and go to a proper college instead!
i quite like my sixth form :biggrin:
First 6 months of sixth form was hell. Became depressed, my attendance was down to 60% , got suspended for a week and to top it off my course is female dominated so it's constant *****ing. Things have improved since :redface:
I stayed on at my secondary school's 6th form, I'm currently upper 6th and I'm honestly really happy at 6th form. I stayed on at my secondary school's 6th form.

My year group is small (~100) and pretty much everyone gets on. I've established a good group of friends, I get on with teachers (not in a brown-nose kind of way), and although my A-levels are pretty challenging (Maths, Physics, Chemistry) they're quite rewarding and can be overcame with a little hard work. I hope university is as good as 6th form.
god no, it was terrible.
Nope. :lol:
I certainly did.
Not at all. I was so, so depressed, had social anxiety and self harmed. I pushed all my friends away and had crap relationships with my parents and sister too. Every day was a struggle.
It was good year 12, year 13 I lost all my friends barring 2 but still it was alright :smile:
Reply 37
Yes and no.

Yes because I got my grades.
No because I lost my social life and stopped doing things I loved.
I did the same thing. I stayed there for my friends + it was the easiest option coz i went there for secondary school so i automatically had a seat in sixth form. Anyway a couple of my friends failed first year like i did and we all ended up making the decision to go to a proper college. Funnily enough we made that decision separately and still found ourselves applying to the same college.

But my point is, from A-levels onwards you cant follow your friends. You've all got different paths to success and if you do follow your mates instead of doing what you really wanna do, then you're not likely to be happy in the position you're in. Obviously I'm not saying to completely ditch ur mates. Keep close contact with them but leave your nest if its better for you. But hey, you made the choice to go sixth form so just keep your head up and study like hell! Believe me A-levels drain your soul!
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Not fair:frown: my sixth form doesnt allow you to eat out :frown: Only twice a month with a teacher's supervision due to stupid sixth formers in the year above breaking the rules :angry:

Wow at my sixth form we can come in late if lessons don't start till late and leave early if lessons end early. In my free period's I can basically leave the site and do what I want. I am enjoying my newly found freedom at sixth form college than high school where I literally had no say and that's usual across the board.

For example with the "twice a month" if you go to Mcdonalds is a teacher going to follow you and walk you there? God sake your 16/17 not a little child anymore who needs babysitting.

Quick Reply

Latest