The Student Room Group

Are apprenticeships given equal exposure to students as university?

Hello,
I am wondering if this just my experience, but throughout secondary school and sixth form I felt that the teachers constantly pushed students into the belief that going to university and achieving a degree was the best option to success. After dropping out of university in 2019 I pursued an apprenticeship and found this much more rewarding and have enjoyed the experience astronomically more than I did at university. Did anyone else have a similar experience throughout secondary and sixth form/college?
Original post by Hilly97
Hello,
I am wondering if this just my experience, but throughout secondary school and sixth form I felt that the teachers constantly pushed students into the belief that going to university and achieving a degree was the best option to success. After dropping out of university in 2019 I pursued an apprenticeship and found this much more rewarding and have enjoyed the experience astronomically more than I did at university. Did anyone else have a similar experience throughout secondary and sixth form/college?

Hello,
I very much had the same experience, if we weren’t decided on going to university we didn’t really get any help or advice or what other pathways we could do, as at the time I didn’t know what I wanted to do apart from not going to uni I ended up leaving sixth form and got a part time job, I’m now back at college as I now have an idea of what I want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending