The Student Room Group

Favourite tea?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Napp
Be it English Breakfast or some herbal blend and who makes it?:smile:

Personally i've always had a taste for Assam and Ceylon by the East India Company )

Pu-Erh....
Ceylon with little added dried berries things is good too tho
Clipper Organic black tea is what we buy at home and can drink it any time of the year.

When it's warm outside I tend to go for matcha or taro flavoured bubble tea, with tapioca. Favourite of all time is probably bottled green tea, 'Oi Ocha' in particular when I can get my hands on it.
Whittards do this lovely Turkish Apple Tea which I love!
Its so flavoursome and refreshing- also you can have it hot or cold.

But I do enjoy a english breakfast with my cereal!
Reply 63
Out of interest what do y'all think of tea served by high street coffee shops like starbucks etc?
Reply 64
Moroccan Mint tea is just… :love:
PG Tips, green tea with lemon, camomile with spiced apple (both Twinings)
Original post by Napp
Out of interest what do y'all think of tea served by high street coffee shops like starbucks etc?

Costa use Twinings, so I'm cool with that, but I hate how much milk they put in :frown:
Apart from standard black tea with milk and sugar, I love the caramel green tea by Twining's. It's just so calming and therapeutic, and has a nice, sweet smell and aftertaste. Earl grey is nice too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by bones-mccoy
Costa use Twinings, so I'm cool with that, but I hate how much milk they put in :frown:

Indeed however they do charge an egregious amount for it and seem to use warm instead of hot water so it never has any flavour (
Reply 69
Irish breakfast tea, by a N.I brand called Thompsons.

My uni have a tea society, it is amazing. :love:
Original post by Napp
Be it English Breakfast or some herbal blend and who makes it?:smile:

Personally i've always had a taste for Assam and Ceylon by the East India Company )

I'm tracing my family tree and my grandfather from Ireland worked as a soldier in the private army belonging to the East India Company. He was born in 1869 and died in 1946. [Just a bit of useless info for you there !].
Reply 71
Original post by markova21
I'm tracing my family tree and my grandfather from Ireland worked as a soldier in the private army belonging to the East India Company. He was born in 1869 and died in 1946. [Just a bit of useless info for you there !].

Fascinating! I must say he joined at a rather bad time for the company though :tongue:
Original post by Napp
Indeed however they do charge an egregious amount for it and seem to use warm instead of hot water so it never has any flavour (

Yeah, it pains me having to pay their prices but sometimes I just NEED tea in my life.
Spicy chai. Love it. A strong spicy tea that's for sure, might try as recommended with milk and sugar next,

Posted from TSR Mobile
anything but earl grey - earl grey can **** off.
green tea
I've been drinking at least one cup of Tetley (milk/no sugar) a day, everyday, for uh 12-13 years. Go-to wake-up drink. Although I've been known to drink up to seven cups of it a day. :redface:

I drink a fairly large range of teas. My latest obsession is Whittard of Chelsea's Orange Blossom tea. It's a black tea with orange notes. I love it. :heart:

Also, it is worth noting that Whittard of Chelsea give a 10% discount and free samples to students. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Just found a love for Earl Grey..omg! ☕️
Original post by sleepysnooze
anything but earl grey - earl grey can **** off.

Sorry but I have found it's nice just sweetened slightly with a dash of milk..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Quiet _One86
Just found a love for Earl Grey..omg! ☕️

Sorry but I have found it's nice just sweetened slightly with a dash of milk..

Posted from TSR Mobile

earl grey honestly is nothing that I look for in a cup of tea - a cup of tea is supposed to be something that makes you go "aaahhhhh", not "ew, what is this almost bitter tasting mixture of swill?"
Somali tea is bae
:love:

Quick Reply

Latest