The Student Room Group

engineering student wanting to do msc mathematics (discrete or applied)..

Hello,

so I am an electrical and computer engineering student.

I want to do a masters in mathematics (discrete, applied but preferred pure!) in the UK, Netherlands or other countries.

I know that usually universities require a maths or physics degree to be admitted for a master.

Is it possible that some universities could accept me with the precondition of having to do some remedial coursework?

I study in Germany and these are the courses with mathematics:

1. Maths one and two, 20 ECTS credits.

2. Signals and systems 1 and 2: 12 ECTS credits.

3. Data structures und algorithms; 6 ECTS.

4.Databases: 6 ECTS.

5. Signals processing. 6 ECTS.

Number 1 is pure mathematics, the rest have the highest amount of applied math, is this a satisfactory background to:

1. Get admitted with remedial coursework to a pure mathematics degree?

2. if not one, then get admitted to a "discrete mathematics" or "applied math" master?

finally, are there any programmes you could recommend?

thanks in advance.
bump/ :smile:
anyone been down this route before?
I have other courses with mathematics too but I dont t know what to do, would hope someone has tome good advice.
Reply 4
Original post by AlwaysFitin'
I have other courses with mathematics too but I dont t know what to do, would hope someone has tome good advice.

Ask in the Postgrad Forum rather than Chat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey, tanks for the reply, I did but no one replied :frown:. Do you know anything? :smile: Thanks for the advice
Original post by jneill
Ask in the Postgrad Forum rather than Chat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by AlwaysFitin'
hey, tanks for the reply, I did but no one replied :frown:. Do you know anything? :smile: Thanks for the advice

Rereading your enquiry, your best answers will come from contacting a few universities to ask them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest