The Student Room Group

Would guys be okay with their woman...

Breastfeeding in front of her male friends or just males in general In public or private or would you prefer if she was discreet about it?
Reply 1
BUMP
Reply 2
Why would they get a say in this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Helenia

Posted from TSR Mobile

erm, because she's asking...
Original post by Helenia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some women like to consider their *partners* feelings, whether or not you think they should get a say in this.
Reply 5
Original post by alkaline.
Some women like to consider their *partners* feelings, whether or not you think they should get a say in this.

Interesting that he is "her partner," but she is "his woman." I think that's where my irritation starts, before we get onto any petty jealousy about how she chooses to feed their child.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Helenia
Interesting that he is "her partner," but she is "his woman." I think that's where my irritation starts, before we get onto any petty jealousy about how she chooses to feed their child.

Posted from TSR Mobile

as you said it's *their* child not just hers, and , well, everyone likes different things in a relationship, alot of people do like the aspect of being someone's and them being just yours etc. I have a feeling you don't though.

Also, it doesn't mean the man has to control where she breastfeeds, but there's no harm in getting his opinion; the parts of his opinion she agrees on or wouldn't mind doing, she can act upon.
Reply 7
as you said it's *their* child not just hers, and , well, everyone likes different things in a relationship, alot of people do like the aspect of being someone's and them being just yours etc. I have a feeling you don't though.

Also, it doesn't mean the man has to control where she breastfeeds, but there's no harm in getting his opinion; the parts of his opinion she agrees on or wouldn't mind doing, she can act upon.

I have no objection to being someone's partner/wife (which I am) - but the connotation of "my woman" is rather repulsive to me. Especially if it means he thinks he can decide who I am friends with or where I feed our child - which is a non-sexual activity, after all.

I appreciate more that some of my male friends wouldn't be comfortable seeing me feed, and would try to work out a suitable compromise, but avoiding it because my partner might get jealous? No thanks.
Original post by Helenia
I have no objection to being someone's partner/wife (which I am) - but the connotation of "my woman" is rather repulsive to me. Especially if it means he thinks he can decide who I am friends with or where I feed our child - which is a non-sexual activity, after all.

I appreciate more that some of my male friends wouldn't be comfortable seeing me feed, and would try to work out a suitable compromise, but avoiding it because my partner might get jealous? No thanks.

Why would a guy control who you're friends with? That's weird as ****. What I'm trying to explain is there's a difference between a man being controlling, and valuing his opinion. It's just like the whole, if your boyf doesn't like a certain item of your clothing just don't wear it around him out of courtesy, principle.
I'm not saying do whatever he says all the time, I can't explain anymore tbh ...

I take it you don't like possessive men and that's just you, but there's a difference between being territorial and being controlling.

Original post by Foo.mp3
we red blooded males have, and shall always, territorialise (and yes, sadly, sometimes, by extension, objectify) our womenfolk, in a way that most women simply do not (to the same degree/extent), in reverse :holmes:

honestly it's just that we don't want random men trying to dominate us, and only want it from partners we've chosen (if at all).
Original post by Helenia

Posted from TSR Mobile

She might also use the term 'her man'
Why would a guy control who you're friends with? That's weird as ****. What I'm trying to explain is there's a difference between a man being controlling, and valuing his opinion. It's just like the whole, if your boyf doesn't like a certain item of your clothing just don't wear it around him out of courtesy, principle.
I'm not saying do whatever he says all the time, I can't explain anymore tbh ...

I take it you don't like possessive men and that's just you, but there's a difference between being territorial and being controlling.

honestly it's just that we don't want random men trying to dominate us, and only want it from partners we've chosen (if at all).

The guy right below you said he wouldn't want "his woman" to have certain friends. And that's apparently ok because he's a "red-blooded male."

I made my original post in the middle of the night, having been breastfeeding my 2 week old. So yeah, it's a pretty close personal topic at the moment! I've found it a very intense experience, both in terms of actually getting to grips with it and ensuring he's getting enough food, and then learning to do it in front of people/in public, knowing that there's always the chance someone is going to disapprove. Fortunately I have an incredibly supportive husband who's backing me up through all of this, to have to deal with him being petty and jealous over people possibly seeing a bit of boob being deployed for its natural function would just be too much.
Original post by Helenia
The guy right below you said he wouldn't want "his woman" to have certain friends. And that's apparently ok because he's a "red-blooded male."

I made my original post in the middle of the night, having been breastfeeding my 2 week old. So yeah, it's a pretty close personal topic at the moment! I've found it a very intense experience, both in terms of actually getting to grips with it and ensuring he's getting enough food, and then learning to do it in front of people/in public, knowing that there's always the chance someone is going to disapprove. Fortunately I have an incredibly supportive husband who's backing me up through all of this, to have to deal with him being petty and jealous over people possibly seeing a bit of boob being deployed for its natural function would just be too much.

To be honest I imagine at some times during the infancy stage, most men (and women) would not give a **** about how you feed your child as long as the damn thing stops screaming for half a second.

In reality, the little things fly out the window when you're trying to wrestle with bringing up a child.
(edited 7 years ago)
Only a beta male would allow for this happen. No man would normally allow their female to expose herself in that way
Original post by Helenia

That's the same as if you knew a girl who was trying to get into your man's pants and/or was quite "expressive" about it, of course you wouldn't *want* them to hang around... as long as no-one is actively stopping each other from being friends with who they desire to be with, feelings like these are natural.

I understand your perspective as a mother is more insightful than mine. I mean just generally, if a husband doesn't have a problem , for example, with his wife wearing a bikini on a beach then showing a bit of boob shouldn't really be an issue, should it?
Original post by Helenia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because they're together and she's not an ******** and realises her significant other has feelings too and they are more important than stupid acts of rebellion.
Original post by donutellme
Because they're together and she's not an ******** and realises her significant other has feelings too and they are more important than stupid acts of rebellion.

If a guy views his partner feeding their child (not showing off her boobs) in an environment in which she is comfortable as a "stupid act of rebellion," I don't think it's her being the ********.

alkaline.
I understand your perspective as a mother is more insightful than mine. I mean just generally, if a husband doesn't have a problem , for example, with his wife wearing a bikini on a beach then showing a bit of boob shouldn't really be an issue, should it?

You'd hope not, especially given how much more flesh is on show in a bikini and how breastfeeding is not a sexual act and all, but who knows what goes on in some guys' heads?
Well I'm not sure wtf else she's supposed to do.

"Oh sorry friends, I can't stop that baby crying right now because my other half would be an ass if I got my boob out in front of you to feed the kid despite the boob being obscured by my baby's massive ****ing head anyway" ????

Original post by donutellme

Rebellion against what? Starving babies?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending