The Student Room Group

Farage on Trump's remarks: "Look, this is alpha male boasting"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dodgypirate
X

Except he isn't your typical lad at the pub, he's a public figure who is running for the most powerful and important office on the planet. This is actually quite an important difference.
Original post by 999tigger
Oh give dodgy pirate a break. Its NOT RAPE, just a bit of boisterous sexual assault.Not like everyone doesnt do it.... Leftist media is getting it out of proportion.

wtf is wrong with you
Original post by PrinceOfOrange
it did come off as peacocking to me, frat boy *******s. It is amazing the kind of **** Hilary is done in comparison and this frat boy *******s could actually end Donnie's campaign.

Yes, he's like a 20-yr college jock old in the body of a 50-something overweight guy with weird hair.

Really, he's a typical spoilt rich New York preppy kid with a massive ego in no way justified by actual achievement. He dodged the draft, partied his way through his younger years, misbehaved with his Dad's money, he never grew up and now here he is trying to convince the country that he should be President. If it wasn't for the money, he'd be some sad guy sweeping a Walmart car park or something.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Yes, he's like a 20-yr college jock old in the body of a 50-something overweight guy with weird hair.

Really, he's a typical spoilt rich New York preppy kid with a massive ego in no way justified by actual achievement. He dodged the draft, partied his way through his younger years, misbehaved with his Dad's money, he never grew up and now here he is trying to convince the country that he should be President. If it wasn't for the money, he'd be some sad guy sweeping a Walmart car park or something.

And he's doing a pretty damn good job.
Original post by Fullofsurprises

He's 70. I agree though, without his dads money he would be a nobody.
Original post by ilikecats12
Honestly, he's right. Most guys would say stuff like that as bant. If your in a uni sports team you would have undoubtedly heard stuff like this.

I repped this because I agree with your last sentence, but the issue is that your average jock in a sports team isn't trying to be leader of the free world...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 26
Lol, alpha male boasting? Alpha males don't boast, their actions does all the talking for them. Also, how can you be alpha if you failed? Just stop, please!

Original post by W. A. Mozart
The media love to paint the 'bad boy Trump' narrative whilst ignoring every single wrong-doing by Hillary Clinton.

Yet again, something Donald Trump did is blown highly out of proportion.

Hello, Kellyanne.
When I think of an "alpha male", the last person in mind is a gross, temperamental old man who acts like a despicable frat boy.
Original post by HannaMarin
He's 70. I agree though, without his dads money he would be a nobody.

I was thinking about when he 'recorded' the incriminating tape, but yeah, he's just a pampered upper class NY jerk with wildly little sense and a line in brain dead bar repartee and gentryman badinage.
Original post by WBZ144
When I think of an "alpha male", the last person in mind is a gross, temperamental old man who acts like a despicable frat boy.

But hateful to say that, isn't it? I thought trump was the one who had a bad temperament...
The main question, as somebody living in the UK and getting most of my information from the MSM is, how really disliked is Clinton at home for her to not be roaring away in the poll after him being caught saying this? How much is the true picture not being shown? Trump is despised by millions and we are constantly being shown it in the media, but for what ever reason she cant be far behind him in those stakes, yet that's not the picture being shown.
I note that nobody is asking how long the Washington Post hung on to this to release it at the most opportune point for Clinton.
To be honest I would have thought the last week of the race would have been better to give him less time to recover. It leads me to wonder how many other embarrassing things are the holding on to? Being the blowhard that he is, there must be more to come.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think that his comments should be considered as having some relevance to Trump's competence as a (potential) leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world. It shows (to an extent) that his view of the world is a warped one. I wouldn't ideally want someone who makes such comments being president of the USA.
Original post by Plagioclase
Except he isn't your typical lad at the pub, he's a public figure who is running for the most powerful and important office on the planet. This is actually quite an important difference.

The kind of men (so far) who have got into this office have often been very highly sexed with a propensity to boast about it to their cronies, no doubt.

FDR was lifted on and off his secretary by an aide because his polio, although it didn't render him impotent made him unable to mount her.

JFK said that if he didn't bonk someone every day he "got a headache." His aides would have to bundle them out whenever Jackie turned up.

Clinton famously shoved a cigar up his young interns pu$$y before smoking it in the Oval Office and her semen stained dress became a sordid piece of evidence.

So what? What we should judge world leaders on is their performance in office, facing down the Russians in the Cuban Missile crisis or Hitler in WW2. Even Clinton was pretty successful economically.

Their sexual peccadilloes are irrelevant to all but the PC liberal fascists. As Farage rightly said, they aren't electing a Pope.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by astutehirstute
PC liberal fascists

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Original post by ilikecats12
Honestly, he's right. Most guys would say stuff like that as bant. If your in a uni sports team you would have undoubtedly heard stuff like this.

I don't know about most guys but we all say things behind closed doors that we wouldn't want to be let out into the public eye.
Original post by Plagioclase
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thinking that sexual harassment is abhorrent and expecting better than 1940s misogyny from someone running for modern day public office makes you a fascist, apparently.
Original post by WBZ144
Thinking that sexual harassment is abhorrent and expecting better than 1940s misogyny from someone running for modern day public office makes you a fascist, apparently.

Damn :frown:
He is right about this kind of language being used between young men, but in this context, Trump was talking about being able to touch women inappropriately [without their consent] because of his status, which is a whole other inexcusable subject. A tad Saville-ish if you ask me.
Original post by WBZ144

How the heck is it sexual harassment? He said it in private and it was banter. There is no evidence that he actually assaulted any women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending