The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Update 26/09/16

So today's not a good day. Geography did not go well, French I have a detention because I have the worst teacher in the world making us learn hundreds of terms over the holidays like we don't have a life... and also I got my Biology section 2 Wednesday.

This week won't be great (sorry for the depressing update :frown:)

See you Friday I guess :smile:
Original post by MrMackyTv

I haven't started my Unit 3 notes for sciences yet. REMINDER: NEED TO START DOING NOTES BY THE END OF THIS WEEK.

You are worrying about not having started your unit 3 notes yet? I haven't even started unit 1! And my mocks are before yours!
Don't worry about AB. I won't say what I want to say about her because I try not to swear, but I'm pretty sure she is just trying to scare you because as just an ordinary teacher with no additional duties she has very little power, and will not be able to get you off the course for failing a ridiculous vocab test. You can't do anything better than your best and you're doing great keeping on going. I'd have given up with French by now and be preparing myself for a low grade.
You can do it :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
You are worrying about not having started your unit 3 notes yet? I haven't even started unit 1! And my mocks are before yours!
Don't worry about AB. I won't say what I want to say about her because I try not to swear, but I'm pretty sure she is just trying to scare you because as just an ordinary teacher with no additional duties she has very little power, and will not be able to get you off the course for failing a ridiculous vocab test. You can't do anything better than your best and you're doing great keeping on going. I'd have given up with French by now and be preparing myself for a low grade.
You can do it :smile:

Wow! Well you know I can help I have unit 1 and 2 so you should be fine I guess :smile:

Yeah as you know about AB - I moan about her everyday pretty much. I guess I just have to push myself and not fail this time because she comes down hard.

(I never thought you were the swearing type Lemur! :redface:)
Wow! Well you know I can help I have unit 1 and 2 so you should be fine I guess :smile:

Yeah as you know about AB - I moan about her everyday pretty much. I guess I just have to push myself and not fail this time because she comes down hard.

(I never thought you were the swearing type Lemur! :redface:)

I'm not the swearing type really, I only swear under my breath or in my head lol.
I'm oretty sure I have everything apart from your P2 notes already saved lol And I have some of other people's notes, but I do really need my own because they'll help me understand better, particularly when I write them.
I understand that you need to pass this test but don't burn out from trying too hard. I can see some of the group need to relax a little, rather than spending all their time worrying about notes or homework etc. We need some more people like cass on the group lol
Update 30/09/16

I know the week started quite bad but it has actually sort of improved :smile:

I did the section 2 ISA today for Chemistry, everything is fine except one question I think I messed up on but I will see if I can possibly get some marks for that. As our teacher hasn't marked section 1, I don't know what marks I am aiming for in this section...

Meanwhile, section 2 Biology has been postponed to next week Wednesday which is good I guess! We weren't really ready, we still had to do our graphs and we just didn't have time.

We started Task 2 in History, I think this is our last task but we got something like 6 sources now... that will be fun!

We will be starting our French Writing CA soon too...

I didn't do very well in this test we did in English - but it's nothing proper, there will be a "suprise" test coming soon on poetry so I will be actively revising from my anthology book and maybe answering questions and comparing (general essay practice skills).

We have started our Theory in ICT and we are going to have mocks on Theory... this just gets better doesn't it?

Despite all this news today was probably the best out of the whole week. It was chill, not much news to worry about. The only big thing I did was do our practical for section 2 in Physics. I think we will be doing section 2 next week.

I forgot to post my schedule for the week!!!! NO! But I will set a mental reminder to do that on Monday! (this weeks schedule did not go well - let's just say Saturday will be very busy (I don't work on Fridays and Sundays because I found out I work better Mondays - Thursdays and Saturdays - Fridays and Sundays are very lazy days for me!))
Update 03/10/16

Today was OK actually :smile: I still haven't done my French retest yet - still waiting for that silly detention:

I got a C in Geography unfortunately but I didn't really revise a lot! Oops... it wasn't a biggy anyways!

I have created a revision timetable for this week, will post soon.

I've recently been looking at sixth forms and I have come up with three options, including my current school which I would much rather stay at.

I will need to remember to prepare for Biology Section 2 ISA this week too!

That's really it, if anything comes up, I will tell you this Friday :smile:
This weeks revision timetable (3rd October - 9th October 2016):
Capture.PNG
(edited 7 years ago)
This weeks revision timetable (3rd October - 9th October 2016):
Capture.PNG

Very nice. If you need help in maths, feel free to ask through private messaging, but you can always make a thread xD.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update 07/10/16

Well... this week didn't really go very well. I stuck to the plan until Tuesday, after that, things just went all over the place. I had a haircut on Wednesday so I didn't get time to do what I wanted. And on Thursday I was doing sixth form searching - not fun at all - I am now worrying about my mocks and the grades I get in it so I think after half-term is over I will not be playing games till them mocks are over (or if I have nothing else to do (but then it can't be excessive gaming)).

Tuesday was pretty uneventful, I don't remember much happening on that day.

Wednesday was more eventful. We did our Section 2 Biology ISA - I feel pretty confident with it I guess but I got 17/20 in Section 1 so I cannot lose more than one mark in Section 2 (our science department wants us to get 46/50 but I don't know if that's possible...) - so that's going to be a challenge for me. Also, we continued making our notes in History for our CA Task, we are continuing making notes on sources in Task 2.

On Thursday we did some prep in French for our 2nd writing CA (which I'm not looking forward to). ICT, we continued with our theory and then I did my CAB in the other half of the lesson after that, which is the video advert which is now complete.

And today we had a half day due to Prizegiving. We just had English where we were sticking in for half of the lesson lol and writing down essay plans - not fun :smile: And also what isn't fun to end the half day was doing our Section 2 ISA for Physics, I guess it was okay but I don't think it's the best way to end my day by doing an ISA :/ But anyways, I just hanged about with some friends downtown which balanced out with all the negative stuff so I guess today was alright.

This week on a whole has not been good. There are some changes on the timetable:

No longer any History Revision for this week. Not looking to start History Revision maybe until half-term so I will change that when I can.

Biology and Maths revision, which was supposed to be completed yesterday, has been postponed to tomorrow.

So from 11:30AM - 3:30PM I will be doing work - constantly but with Pomodoro so I don't overkill. I will also have to do lots of homework I have left until now... So tomorrow will be tough but I will have to just get through it I guess.

I'm going to try to be healthy from now on, maybe do some exercising and stuff. I think good health is important especially around revision time because it does have an affect on performance in tests as you are in a better mental state when doing it if you are healthy. I was going to do homework but seeing the time I think I will go to bed, wake up and do something with my life! Then roll my socks up at 11:30AM and get on with the work!

Bye everyone! Next update is next week Monday. See you then :smile:
Update 10/10/16

Today was actually okay! Although I'm having trouble thinking about my A-Level options so I'm going to be doing a lot of research between now and next month and I will be very busy looking at schools I could move if I don't manage to get into my own.

I have a open book test which is on chapter 1-12 in Level 3 Algebra - so I won't really need to revise for that but I have two tests next week.

I have one on the case studies we have studied so far in Geography: South Asia floods, Boscastle floods and Kielder Water (which we will be covering tomorrow I assume).

We also have a test next week on GCSE topics which is not open book, it is also non-calculator so I've started revising for that already.

I've finished doing my Revision Checklist for Maths and my Sciences, here is a sneak peek:

Capture.PNG

I guess that's about it! I will post the revision timetable for this week after this post. I will see you on Friday for the Friday update bye :smile:
This weeks revision timetable (10th October - 16th October):
timetable.PNG

(AS Mathematics is the Level 3 Algebra course if you are thinking why it's on there :tongue: (there wasn't an option for Level 3 Algebra :frown:))
(edited 7 years ago)
Update 14/10/16

We have three test next week but before I tell you about them:

I didn't follow the timetable very well this week. I did not do Biology or Physics notes that I was suppose to do on Wednesday and Thursday so they will have to be done either on the weekend or next week.

I'm thinking about changing "no work days" to Thursday and Friday instead because I ignored the no work policy on Sunday and I still did work. Plus, the weekends I have more time so I might as well do work.

We had a football competition with our year and that took out most of my energy on Wednesday - my legs were aching then and they still are from all that!

I will need to start filling in my internal sixth form application for my school. But no rush, I will need to think about this carefully unlike GCSE options which I took as a joke (like an idiot) in year 9 and picked subjects I shouldn't have chosen and then being reluctant to drop them when I had the chance in the first term of Year 10 :frown:

Tests next week:

- Geography end of topic test on Water on Land with case studies we recently studied (Boscastle, Kielder Waters, South Asia Floods)
- Maths GCSE non calc
- English Literature poetry comparison test.

Anything else that pops up in my head I will edit this post but I have to go right now to some birthday party! I will see you on Monday with an update and a brand new timetable.
1.When does everyone have their mocks?
2. Does everyone do the 2015 GCSE papers for their mocks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update 17/10/16

I did get most of what I wanted to do last week done. But tonight is going to be busy and I made a new timetable for this week with a few changes on there. My free days are no longer on Sundays and they have been moved to Thursday instead so I can relax towards the end of the week I guess. Then back to work on the weekends into the half-term break which will allow me to be super-productive as long as I don't get distracted by anything in life.

I did the Geography test today and got 11/18 on my test (without revision again lol - this is not very important to me atm). Which is okay I guess, it was a gap-fill so actually I am very glad I did not revise for that!

Tomorrow we have our Maths GCSE test non calc. It's going to be so hard because I have forgotten basic things as I found out in my Level 3 Algebra results today! I got 51/79 which is something like 65% and the pass was 67% - I was like two marks off a pass so that sucks but again I didn't really revise for this and although it was open book I still struggled so that shows I need some practice.

English test has been postponed to Friday!!! Yay! So I can do revision on Wednesday night and if I feel like it then maybe some on Thursday night too. I'll just try to memorise important quotes from the poems she said might be on the test and write bullet-point plans for comparisons on the ones I think she might test us on. Hopefully I get it right and it comes up :smile:

I really need to get started with filling in my Sixth Form application. I might be changing my mind about Computing and do History instead, it's a really good A-Level and apparently heavily essay-based so it will look good if I get a good grade in it :smile:

So that's it! The plan for the half-term is daily updates on anything I have done. It will be mostly revision material creating, doing maybe a few past papers here and there and daily reading. Then when half-term is over it's back to Monday and Friday updates as usual.

I will see you again on Friday to tell you how this week went! Hope you all have a good week :biggrin: (timetable will be posted shortly after this)
This weeks revision timetable (17th October - 23rd October):
timetable.PNG
Original post by Simonexoxo
1.When does everyone have their mocks?
2. Does everyone do the 2015 GCSE papers for their mocks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I only just saw this now! My notifications are a bit weird!

1. Everyone has their mocks either around November/December or January/February. Mine are in December and they are the only mocks I will have. Some people do have two sets of mocks, one in December and one in January.
2. No. Depending on the school they might use questions from it, they could use 2016 GCSE papers which aren't available to students - which is a good reason to use it. Some schools make up their own papers. It just depends on your school :smile:
Sorry I only just saw this now! My notifications are a bit weird!

1. Everyone has their mocks either around November/December or January/February. Mine are in December and they are the only mocks I will have. Some people do have two sets of mocks, one in December and one in January.
2. No. Depending on the school they might use questions from it, they could use 2016 GCSE papers which aren't available to students - which is a good reason to use it. Some schools make up their own papers. It just depends on your school :smile:

Sorry thanks I meant to say the 2016 papers, mine are also in December and I have started revising for them a bit, but I'm not getting too far due to my overload of homework. Planning for my ISA's has taken up a fair bit of my time, due to the fact I don't get much done in lessons, as all the people in my class do is talk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simonexoxo
Sorry thanks I meant to say the 2016 papers, mine are also in December and I have started revising for them a bit, but I'm not getting too far due to my overload of homework. Planning for my ISA's has taken up a fair bit of my time, due to the fact I don't get much done in lessons, as all the people in my class do is talk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That must be really annoying for you. I have a lot of homework to do to which is sort of hindering my revision for my mocks. I just need to use my time efficiently and properly to get on top of things.

I've finished all my ISAs, I am waiting for my section 2 results for Biology to come back. I need I can't lose more than one mark in section 2 because in section 1 I got 17/20 and our science department wants us to get 46/50 in total so I have little room for error.

I have lessons where all people do is talk but I just manage to block it out and get on with the work.

If you want to ask anything else I am here!
Update 21/10/16

So I got my report today, tomorrow I will do a detailed post about it but we have been given our predicted grades (which might change after mocks). A progress tracker spreadsheet is set to be created in due course. My predicted grades are 2A*s, one 8, 3A's, 3Bs and one 6 (I do 11 GCSEs, this will count up to 10 but this is because they give English as one grade):

Did the English test today. I don't think I did absolutely terrible but I didn't do amazing. I could have remembered some more quotes but I was focusing on mostly Maths revision but even that didn't go well.

I got 55/80 on my Maths test which is a grade 6. What's funny is, I am predicted an 8 so although it's not worrying yet, it will be worrying if I get the same grade in the December Mocks - not good.

My French teacher has been absent the whole week - yes, the whole week. She has our coursework so I can't do anything but start again with my Writing CA and this is honestly just ticking me off to be honest but that's life I guess. I will email a different teacher to mark my work because my teacher refuses to mark our class work.

That's it!

(Ambitious) Half-Term Checklist:

Do any homework before doing any of these. New timetable will be made and posted on Monday. Not going to follow the timetable for the weekend. (Weekend is purely homework, if finished then I can get crackin' with revision)

To complete B3 notes.

To complete C3 notes.

To complete P3 notes.

To complete the ICT holiday book (hwk).

Make sure all sources notes are complete for History.

Create revision resources for History exam on Hitlers Foreign Policy, Origins of WWII, USA 1919-1929 (Roaring 20s), Hitlers Germany (1929-1945). Maybe create some condensed notes on key figures and facts for each topic?

Also create revision resources for Science subjects on every Unit.

Start to revisit Unit 1 + 2 again in the Sciences.

Do 25 mins a day of learning French vocab.

Revise for Level 3 Algebra Mocks (do past papers online? and textbook questions?) and GCSE Maths mocks.

(If there's somehow still time) create revision resources for English Lit like mindmaps, flashcards. Practice essay writing and also do some english language papers if you can.

Wish me luck on all this. I think it's better to overestimate and put more stuff to do than you think you can do as it keeps most of us going as it is a target. I think from today I will say goodbye to games and my half-term will be revision with the occasional breaks of course but it won't be hours of gaming sort of breaks - no lol.

I hope everyone enjoys their half-term! :biggrin:
Update 24/10/16

So I forgot to do an update yesterday! Apologies!

Not a lot happened. I have a new timetable for this week:

timetable.PNG

But it was not followed. I only did French on that day. So everything but History will be done later during the week. This is because History isn't important at the moment as we are doing our CA write up.

Latest

Trending

Trending