The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2017

Thought I'd make a thread for 2017 entry! Has anyone sent in their applications and got responses yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sent off mine on the 20th oct where are you applying to?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by s99l
Sent off mine on the 20th oct where are you applying to?

Sounds good! I'm still finalising but at the moment, hopefully UCL, KCL, Reading, Portsmouth and Hertfordshire...how about you?
Reply 3
Original post by aa98
Sounds good! I'm still finalising but at the moment, hopefully UCL, KCL, Reading, Portsmouth and Hertfordshire...how about you?

I've applied to birmingham aston keele and wolverhamoton and de montfort as safety nets.
I sent mine off on the 20th too! I applied to Nottingham, kings, Hertfordshire, reading and Brighton. Good luck to both of you
Reply 5
Original post by Greenchocolate27
I sent mine off on the 20th too! I applied to Nottingham, kings, Hertfordshire, reading and Brighton. Good luck to both of you

Oh wow, thanks and good luck to you too! Were you able to get the predicted grades you wanted/needed? Im having to delay my application so I can bring mine up :s-smilie:
I got predicted AAB and a A* for my epq. How about you?
Reply 7
Predicted AAA and also aiming for A in epq
Reply 8
I got predicted AAB and a A* for my epq. How about you?

Well done! At the moment Im an ABB and am in the process of bringing one of those B's up to an A so I can apply to the unis I want 😩
Reply 9

Wow great choices and thank you good luck to you too
Original post by s99l
Wow great choices and thank you good luck to you too

It may be too soon but have you heard back from any of them yet?
Reply 11
No not yet how about you
Only acknowledgement emails from 2 out of the 5 unis but its been less than a week so its understandable.
Reply 13
Original post by meridian0
I applied for the first three universities youre applying to, having been predicted ABB too, and got offers from them. Its easy to get offers for pharmacy. By that I mean your grades just have to be decent, not amazing. Its pretty easy to get in even if you miss your offer. Loads of people go through clearing to get in. Dont sweat it.

Wow, really? Does that mean your personal statement and GCSE results would help them consider your offer more if you didn't get the exact predicted grades? And thanks!
Reply 14
Original post by meridian0
Idk really. My personal statement was nothing special; I don't know if it was up to scratch because I didn't get any teachers to read it (don't do this haha). GCSEs- mainly A grades so nothing special either. As I said before, its not very hard to get offers. With UCL in particular, I feel like I did well on the test, which was pretty easy but I think I got lucky with my mini-essay question as I felt like the question was made for me. BUT my interview was a shambles. They had/have the highest entry requirements with AAA-AAB so that's why I have to say, again, that getting an offer from a pharmacy course is not difficult.

Good luck anyway!

So which university did you end up at and how are you finding Pharmacy? The whole selection/interview process for UCL seems a bit frightening but this has given me a bit of hope lol thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
I have my interview at Cardiff on the 2nd November.
also have received on offer from Portsmouth
Original post by james76779776
I have my interview at Cardiff on the 2nd November.
also have received on offer from Portsmouth

Congrats! Hope it goes great for you, when did you send off your application?
Reply 17
Hey i'm applying to UCL, King's, Bath, Nottingham and Reading!
Reply 18
Original post by ss77
Hey i'm applying to UCL, King's, Bath, Nottingham and Reading!

Wow good luck when did you send off your application?
Reply 19
Hello! I've also applied to UCL, Bath and Nottingham :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending