The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Ive used them in the past but dont think I would again

I had a bad car accident not long ago and couldnt sleep at all after so my GP prescribed me some, I took one and it was enough to give me a good nights sleep but I felt horrible for days after, really drowsy and had no concentration whatsoever, so I didnt take any more after that
Reply 2
taken perscribed and over the counter ones before, none of them worked
Reply 3
I used to have them had very bad problems sleeping, I had the exact same side affects as thisbemadness I couldn't even motivate myself.
I have taken some perscribed sedative for my sleeping problem caused by depression, it was horrible, I only took half of the pill each night, and I wouldn't get up till like 3 - 4 in the afternoon. Then my doc give my some sleeping pill, I manage to sleep like 7 hours a night, but not quality tho... I would feel extremely sleepy and can't really focus on both sedative and sleeping pills I got given... also a lot of weird dreams too... am thinking of stopping taking it tonight actually.
Reply 5
I've had Nytol before, it did work but I feel slightly uneasy about taking sleeping pills. :s-smilie:
Yeah, I went to my GP about sleeping problems last year, and she prescirbed some...can't remember what they were. But it made me drowsy during the day...I was probably walking around like a zombie lol, how I got through my exams I don't know. Plus they made me gain a load of weight too.
Certain foods and drinks,as well as oils can induce sleep.I'd try those before using them.
Reply 8
boys-play-rock-and-roll
taken perscribed and over the counter ones before, none of them worked

Same here. Some worked for a while & then didn't at all. Plus, I got addicted to Zopiclone because I was on it for 3 months instead of a week.
Reply 9
ive tried the over the counter ones but they didnt do anything for me.

i found some music tho that works really well - sends me to sleep quite quickly, i sleep a lot better with it and need less! seriously, since i started listening to this ive pretty much halved the time i spend in bed (6 hours instead of up to 10/12). so its a win-win!

http://www.brainsync.com/brain.asp?id=33&title=Deep-Sleep

you're supposed to pay for it, but as we all know there are much better ways to aquire music nowadays (not that im endorsing alternative methods of aquiring it...). If u do try it, dont bother with the headphones
Reply 10
As rarely as possible, but yes I do....

Have the usual benzo battery of Nitrazepam and Temazepam.
i take zopliclone and they work for me:smile: i dont take them everynight tho
Reply 12
I don't. I used to though, but in my experience they did not help.

Latest

Trending

Trending