The Student Room Group

cant sleep

i havent slept in 2 days, xanax normally works like a charm but now my brain refuses. its a neverending spiral of thoughts screaming at me. should i try more xanax or mix in some valium? i've never tried both at the same time, can i
Reply 1
Sorry you are struggling so much. You probably shouldn't do either of those things though... Any chance of you speaking to a doctor?
Reply 2
Original post by Ciel.
i havent slept in 2 days, xanax normally works like a charm but now my brain refuses. its a neverending spiral of thoughts screaming at me. should i try more xanax or mix in some valium? i've never tried both at the same time, can i

dont mix medicine, like whatever you do dont mix medicine. Try talking to a doctor or calling 111 but dont mix medicines please. maybe take a hot bath/shower before going to bed, and dont go on your phone or do anything once your in your bed after the bath. just turn of the kights and lay down? idk, i cant sleep either but i just try to read to make it go away or if not then ive seen somthing that was like if you list every part of your body in the dark starting from your toes, then your supposed to go to sleep by the end of it, but ive never tried it so idk
Reply 3
Original post by black tea
Sorry you are struggling so much. You probably shouldn't do either of those things though... Any chance of you speaking to a doctor?

i honestly don't really want to talk to him atm. he never has any good advice
Reply 4
Original post by Tatakae L
dont mix medicine, like whatever you do dont mix medicine. Try talking to a doctor or calling 111 but dont mix medicines please. maybe take a hot bath/shower before going to bed, and dont go on your phone or do anything once your in your bed after the bath. just turn of the kights and lay down? idk, i cant sleep either but i just try to read to make it go away or if not then ive seen somthing that was like if you list every part of your body in the dark starting from your toes, then your supposed to go to sleep by the end of it, but ive never tried it so idk

thanks but thb i could never fall asleep reading : < it just makes me excited, i love reading, lol. but ive tried boring films and documentaries, all that stuff. but i just feel hyper af tbh
Reply 5
Original post by Ciel.
thanks but thb i could never fall asleep reading : < it just makes me excited, i love reading, lol. but ive tried boring films and documentaries, all that stuff. but i just feel hyper af tbh

i honestly dont know what to day, the best you can do tbh is ask a doctor and they can maybe prescribe sommet to you
Reply 6
i honestly dont know what to day, the best you can do tbh is ask a doctor and they can maybe prescribe sommet to you

he sucks, i'd rather ask the internet tbh
Reply 7
Original post by Ciel.
he sucks, i'd rather ask the internet tbh

okay, okay. lemme think then. Personally when I cant sleep for like days on end cause of like idek trauma or whatevs, i just try be productive that night, that way i feel as though i havent lost time you know. so I'll revise or I'll read or I'll just even watch something because I know Im not gonna sleep. But there is times when i have to sleep, like before an exam, and I still cant and for those days i try and get into bed ealier than normal, like im talking 9o clock ive said goodnight to everyone, and then this is just me so i cant speak for everyone, but i find looking at stars and th emoon peacefull, so my bed is right next to my window aand i just open my curtains and watch them. I'll open my window and listen to cars going past, or rain and I'll watch the night, just imagining. im a long ass day dreamer, so i'll be looking at the start for hours, like ive gone bed at 9 but ive been watching them for 4 hours so its like 1am. then if that doesnt work i read quran, but ik its a muslim thing so others dont do it, but it calms me down so much. honest. or I'll listen to quran too because its just so soothing, it litteraly tends to the heart. this usually jas me sleeping by 3am. but if not then i just stay awake. i dont know cause im not a dr and i refuse to take pills for it so i just suffer, but ik some people dont like that, so thats why i am saying ask a doctor, or if not your own ask to make an appoinment wiht another one.
Reply 8
okay, okay. lemme think then. Personally when I cant sleep for like days on end cause of like idek trauma or whatevs, i just try be productive that night, that way i feel as though i havent lost time you know. so I'll revise or I'll read or I'll just even watch something because I know Im not gonna sleep. But there is times when i have to sleep, like before an exam, and I still cant and for those days i try and get into bed ealier than normal, like im talking 9o clock ive said goodnight to everyone, and then this is just me so i cant speak for everyone, but i find looking at stars and th emoon peacefull, so my bed is right next to my window aand i just open my curtains and watch them. I'll open my window and listen to cars going past, or rain and I'll watch the night, just imagining. im a long ass day dreamer, so i'll be looking at the start for hours, like ive gone bed at 9 but ive been watching them for 4 hours so its like 1am. then if that doesnt work i read quran, but ik its a muslim thing so others dont do it, but it calms me down so much. honest. or I'll listen to quran too because its just so soothing, it litteraly tends to the heart. this usually jas me sleeping by 3am. but if not then i just stay awake. i dont know cause im not a dr and i refuse to take pills for it so i just suffer, but ik some people dont like that, so thats why i am saying ask a doctor, or if not your own ask to make an appoinment wiht another one.

yeah ive been using the extra time to focus on my art <3

will see if it goes away by tomorrow
Original post by Ciel.

Try a hayfever pill
Original post by Ciel.
yeah ive been using the extra time to focus on my art <3

will see if it goes away by tomorrow

hopefully it does.
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous #1
Try a hayfever pill

they do nothing for me : <

Quick Reply

Latest